Franchise Trades

electro_cute

okay, i know franchise is currently broken, but i started one to test the trade possibillites. i started a franchise with red sox and first i traded penny, lowell and j.d. drew for albert pujols :o this seams really unrealistic to me. with this combination (or even replacing penny with ramon ramirez) i was able to get wright, rodriguez, hanley etc. i mean, i got henry blanco for julio lugo and josh bard. this seams really unrealistic. do you think these trades are fair and do you think franchise has a good trade logic.

The trading in 2K9 isn't really broken, the game just places more weight on different aspects.

For example: They will give up an older 90 rated player for a couple of younger 80ish rated guys, but they won't take 2 older mid-70ish players for a high 60s/low 70s 20 yr old rookie.

Also, it's almost impossible to trade up on an even trade. So, it does kind of balance out. Sure, you can make 2 for 1s all day and end up with an all-star squad, but then you're left with a minors system full of has-beens and never-will-bes.

so you think drew, lowell and penny for pujols is realistic? or lugo, bard and lopez for soto and fukodome?

Well, assuming you're playing as the Red Sox, the first trade isn't realistic just for the fact the Cards wouldn't trade Pujols, but from a game aspect, I'd take the trade. If you can get 3 solid players for 1 guy, it's all good in my book.

That second trade, yeah, you're right. That's wrong on so many levels.

Archived