Change Fielding

HBR_Rocket

Since I only play with auto fielding and 2K9 has not included that into the game for the "user" I was thinking that maybe one of you guys that understand the behind the screen stuff might could do me and I'm sure many others a great favor.

That is to see if you could somehow use the smae file lines that the CPU uses for their fielding since they are auto fielding to match up with the user and make it the same as the cpu as far as fielding goes.

If this come come true I really think with what Ty Wiggins is coming up with and the patch we are waiting for plus all the other soon to be great mods that soon will follow this game should be as good as MVP if not better .

The only two things that are holding me back from really liking this game is the auto fielding and player editing program and let's cross those fingers that these two things could happen.

Thanks in advance for any help in this matter, along with many others I'm sure that wants auot fielding for the user.

Since I only play with auto fielding and 2K9 has not included that into the game for the "user" I was thinking that maybe one of you guys that understand the behind the screen stuff might could do me and I'm sure many others a great favor.

That is to see if you could somehow use the smae file lines that the CPU uses for their fielding since they are auto fielding to match up with the user and make it the same as the cpu as far as fielding goes.

If this come come true I really think with what Ty Wiggins is coming up with and the patch we are waiting for plus all the other soon to be great mods that soon will follow this game should be as good as MVP if not better .

The only two things that are holding me back from really liking this game is the auto fielding and player editing program and let's cross those fingers that these two things could happen.

Thanks in advance for any help in this matter, along with many others I'm sure that wants auot fielding for the user.

What you are asking for would require being able to change the game executable (i.e. the .exe file) itself. That is not something the modders can do. Only 2K Sports can do that and it's no different than what could be done for MVP 2005. Everything that the modders create or modify involve the associated data files (mainly .iff files right now) that the game uses.

I guess what I was thinking that there might be something like a .data file like in MVP that you could readjust about anything on the field in MVP. But me being no type of mod person my depth of knowing or doing these type things are slim to none.

I just wish this game had the option to have auto fielding like the CPU team does. You should see how lazy my shortstop is. Well not so much lazy just he can't go in the right direction after a pop fly behind short, I sometimes have him running down the runner going to first base. Now the outfielders, good greif if it wasn't for the wall they would still be running.

If you see a baseball player running across your screen would you mind grabbing him and sending him back to my screen the batter has already gotten himself a cheap inside the park homerun.

I hear you. I use assisted fielding in MVP and was disappointed to see that it wasn't there in MLB 2K9. I'm slowly getting the hang of fielding with the stick, although at least once per game, I drop a ball because my fielder isn't exactly in the circle showing where the ball will land. Which pitching mode are you using - "regular" (i.e. with the sticks) or classic? I've read in some forums that if you are holding the left stick too long when you pitch, the fielder closest to the ball will start running in the direction that the stick was last pointing. Perhaps that's contributing to your problem.

Practice Mode for fielding help me learn all the little nuances of the fielding this year. Still have the occasional WTF (not like when I started though). :)

If you having trouble with flyballs, turn ON Dynamic Lock in Presentation Settings. Does not allow the wind to move your fielding circle.

Even made some diving catches and a pretty cool sliding catch last night. Haven't climbed the wall and robbed a homerun yet though.

Logitech Dual Action using analog throwing.

Archived