Wrigley Field Preview

gump3221

Hi everyone. I've been a long time member here, but I've never modded anything except for personal use, so I thought I'd give Wrigley a shot. I know Pirate already did a Wrigley, but I've worked on some different ads. Here are some pictures.

post-1628-1238021280_thumb.jpg

I've added a new scoreboard and Miller Lite ad. I also added the Harry Carey logo to one of the buildings.

post-1628-1238021325_thumb.jpg

I changed the Bud building to have the Drinkability ad. I also inserted transparencies to get rid of the State Farm ad. Unfortunately, this also removes some of the textures under the Miller Lite ad and the rooftop seats to the right of the ad. This causes a hovering look, but personally, I don't think it looks too bad compared to the fake State Farm sign.

I've also changed the ads behind home plate.

post-1628-1238021741_thumb.jpg

Please let me know what you think. I'd like to release now and then update when the season starts and new ads are finalized. Thanks!

Thanks guys. I've updated the dugouts with the State Farm logos and cubs.com. 2k decided to use pretty low res textures on these, so the quality isn't too great.

post-1628-1238034434_thumb.jpg

Also, I wanted to see if anybody knows what the ads are under the roof. I've tried looking for pictures online, but those I think are impossible to get a good picture of unless you are intentionally taking a picture of it. I circled where I'm talking about. Thanks again.

post-1628-1238034374_thumb.jpg

Thanks guys. I've updated the dugouts with the State Farm logos and cubs.com. 2k decided to use pretty low res textures on these, so the quality isn't too great.

post-1628-1238034434_thumb.jpg

Also, I wanted to see if anybody knows what the ads are under the roof. I've tried looking for pictures online, but those I think are impossible to get a good picture of unless you are intentionally taking a picture of it. I circled where I'm talking about. Thanks again.

post-1628-1238034374_thumb.jpg

Can you check your pm's? thanks.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3076/274222...7ee9414f4_b.jpg

There is no "actual" ads there. There is an electronic board that displays the pitch speed though. I would make one of the fake ads transparent, and use the other as a space for some kind of electronic board texture.

Wow. Great work.

Some suggestions if you don't mind.

1. Can you put TV logos on the broadcast booth area (WGN etc.) and on the TV cameras next to the dugouts?

2. Is it too hard to do a second Wrigley Field version with the brown vines as opposed to the fully green ivy.

3. Not exactly Wrigley field per say, but is the crowd file in the files you are working? I was wondering if you could make the crowd less bright especially in night games.

4. Lastly, have you looked into Bush stadium All Star edition and compared it to the Bush Stadium normal edition. Reason: I was wondering if it's possible to make a Wrigley All Star edition or any other stadium for that matter.

Great work again. Go Cubs Go.

Wow. Great work.

Some suggestions if you don't mind.

1. Can you put TV logos on the broadcast booth area (WGN etc.) and on the TV cameras next to the dugouts?

2. Is it too hard to do a second Wrigley Field version with the brown vines as opposed to the fully green ivy.

3. Not exactly Wrigley field per say, but is the crowd file in the files you are working? I was wondering if you could make the crowd less bright especially in night games.

4. Lastly, have you looked into Bush stadium All Star edition and compared it to the Bush Stadium normal edition. Reason: I was wondering if it's possible to make a Wrigley All Star edition or any other stadium for that matter.

Great work again. Go Cubs Go.

Thanks for the comments.

1. Unfortunately, the way the broadcast booth is mapped, I can't add logos or they'd be repeated too often. One of my goals when a better editor is available is to put the proper logos and the Harry logo above the WGN booth. I can take a look at the camera textures though, that shouldn't be a problem to ad logos.

2. If you look at the way the ivy is modeled, it's incredibly bushy so I think doing one with just the brown vines would look strange.

3. The crowd files are not in the stadium file as far as I've found

4. I haven't looked into the Busch files. I think if we had a better editor and could add graphics this wouldn't be a big issue as you could just replace the Busch all star iff file with another stadium. Actually, you could probably do that now, but there wouldn't be any graphics for the all star game.

There's a lot of things I want to do with Wrigley, but until we get a better editor, it's limited to texture replacement. :rolleyes:

I'm not sure the Bud building is going to keep the Drinkability ad. According to the capture off of a webcam a few minutes ago it has been removed. The scoredboard is also being repainted.

Also, The Cubs had sued Under Armour over non payment which wouldve removed the UA logo from the doors in the outfield, but the lawsuit apparently has been dropped and a new deal is in place so the UA logo will be on the doors.

post-72061-1238697938_thumb.jpg

Archived