Game Pad Problem

Estevan

I was having no luck with keyboard/mouse, even after reading the helpful thread here that showed all of the mappings. Things just wouldn't work. Even team selection was a huge pain. So I ordered a Logitech Rumblepad 2, successfully installed it's drivers/profiler, and re-installed the game. Now I am STILL having all sorts of issues controlling the game. I looked at the controller settings, and the game could tell I'm using Rumblepad, yet there were no mappings for simple actions like setting up and swinging. Don't even mention team selection screen, I have to use my mouse and I can only move the selector to the right by clicking it's button on the screen.

My question: Do I need to go in and manually configure ALL of these buttons/actions? That seems completely wrong. I hope I am missing something abundantly obvious and simple, and I hope someone can help me actually play this game .

Thanks in advance

I was having no luck with keyboard/mouse, even after reading the helpful thread here that showed all of the mappings. Things just wouldn't work. Even team selection was a huge pain. So I ordered a Logitech Rumblepad 2, successfully installed it's drivers/profiler, and re-installed the game. Now I am STILL having all sorts of issues controlling the game. I looked at the controller settings, and the game could tell I'm using Rumblepad, yet there were no mappings for simple actions like setting up and swinging. Don't even mention team selection screen, I have to use my mouse and I can only move the selector to the right by clicking it's button on the screen.

My question: Do I need to go in and manually configure ALL of these buttons/actions? That seems completely wrong. I hope I am missing something abundantly obvious and simple, and I hope someone can help me actually play this game .

Thanks in advance

The controller configuration is absolutely awful. Some of my buttons weren't even mapped by default, so my controller wouldn't have been able to even swing the bat without being configured.

To top that off, some menu navigation is nearly impossible, if not completely impossible with a gamepad. To worsen it even further, some menu commands are only accessible via the keyboard (for example, pressing 3 during the controller config screen). To top THAT off, some keyboard commands are weird, such as using { and } to navigate menus left and right, as well as navigating other parts of the menu using < and >.

Additionally, you can't assign separate controls for pitching vs. hitting vs. fielding. One assignment carries over into the other types of control, so that creates a lack of flexibility.

If you give me some time, I'm going to create a controller setup diagram using screen shots of the in-game controller config menu, showing the optimum control setup for a dual analog, multi-button gamepad with a "4 way hat" digital directional pad (like the original nintendo 4-way directional controller).

Archived