"performance-wise Progression Mod" Project

vojvode

Hi all,

I was bugging some people for quite some time with this crazy idea of mine (the most lately DylanBradbury :)), and I am willing to do whatever it takes to see this thing happening (this means consulting, maybe even donating/sponsoring... :)).

Here is the issue:

I would REALLY like to see players progressing at the beggining of the new season depending on their performance during the previos year, taking into consideration whether they were playing in the low/high minors, or were injured for the longer period of time, or young players flaming out rushing too soon in the majors (or vice versa :))

So far, the progression is defined by a random number between two delimiters, and ... nothing else! totaly RANDOM! I would like to make it counts if you level your player through the minors, storm him to the majors, or if he is a "sissy" breaking down too often.

Ok, now. Since I am not all that familiar with the programming languages of any kind (but I know how to OPEN, CLOSE, COPY and PASTE the files :)), I need help from someone who knows something about messing with the data.

Here is the general idea that I came up with:

we have those excel files that define progression, in random maner, so we need to edit those numbers there, to be in line with "something"... that "something" should come from DylanBradbury's rating generators which should use as input data, stats from, let's say "SAVREADER", or "box score extractor". Here is where I need someones programming knowledge to make those readings/input/outputs. Now, all that put in a nice batch file, and can be activated even manualy between the seasons in order to have new "performance-dependable ratings" for all the players

So, I need your opinion on this idea - am I too far away from common sense, can it be done, will someone cope with it now that 2k9 is out... and does anyone really need this or ever thought about it or it's just me being hopeless :(

Waiting for your feedback...

Archived