Braves Franchise...mlb 2k9 Style

Barnes

Started my Braves Franchise today beating the World champ Phillies 4 to 2. My virtual self played 4 years as a Pitcher for the Braves in MVP05 w/ Rookie of the Year, 2 MVPs, and 3 Cy Young honors. I was recruited into MLB2k9 as a rookie and in my first regular season game I went 9 innings giving up 2 runs and 4 hits, striking out 11 at the Legend level.Ryan Howard got a lucky 2 run HR in the 1st,Then I tightened up and shut them out for 8.

I'm playing with default Legend Difficulty sliders to earn trading cards and I love the gameplay.I love everything about MLB 2K9, Best PC baseball ever to me.It's got it's glitches but the Patch made a huge difference.

I would like to see less strikes thrown by the AI, but changing the sliders can fix that.I love the way the game rewards you for Patients, hitting those first pitch strikes result in outs 9 out of 10 times, but if you work the count you can earn a hit on 1-2 and 2-2 counts.

The one big mistake 2K made was no dirt on the uniforms, It's like the catcher not throwing the ball back in MVP05, I can't believe they didn't put that in the game <_<

Overall I give MLB 2K9 9 out of 10, I look foward to playing 161 more games and the Post Season hopefully, if the rest of my Pitching staff can keep up with Barnes :p

You can change AI Strike Zone Tendency all the way to 0, and not affect getting player cards.

With it on 0, I've gotten the CPU pitch count past 160 on more than one occasion. I needed to raise it back up a notch.

Basically the story with the sliders and cards is if you make anything "harder" you're ok, if you make it "easier" you can't go lower than one click past "Pro". For instance, Errors are 65 in legend. But you can take them to as low as 40 and still get cards.

Archived