Question About Patch

rroy0824

Hey Everyone!

I haven't been around in a while, but I recently completed my brand new gaming rig build and with baseball season starting, I wanted to jump back into things.

I haven't bought MLB 2K9 yet, but I need to go to Best Buy later today anyways and might as well pick up a copy. Unless, of course, you guys say it is not worth the buy. I have heard really good things, but also read terrible reviews about the PC version of this game. Also, am I correct to assume that from now on MLB 2K9 will be the reference game for all upcoming mods, and that MVP has finally seen its last day?

I'd appreciate quick feedback as I am planning to go to the store in about an hour. :D Thanks, you guys have always been my favorite mod site!!

Hey Everyone!

I haven't been around in a while, but I recently completed my brand new gaming rig build and with baseball season starting, I wanted to jump back into things.

I haven't bought MLB 2K9 yet, but I need to go to Best Buy later today anyways and might as well pick up a copy. Unless, of course, you guys say it is not worth the buy. I have heard really good things, but also read terrible reviews about the PC version of this game. Also, am I correct to assume that from now on MLB 2K9 will be the reference game for all upcoming mods, and that MVP has finally seen its last day?

I'd appreciate quick feedback as I am planning to go to the store in about an hour. :D Thanks, you guys have always been my favorite mod site!!

Welcome back!

2K9 is well worth the $20, i can almost guarantee will you get that out of it. The game was really bad pre-patch (when the reviews were written) but now things have settled down a lot and many things are improved. Unfortunately there are still a good amount of problems, but it is a good game none the less.

As for ending MVP, I don't know. Only time will tell if this holds the same value as MVP did, but I am assuming that it will end it, if not at least cripple it.

Thanks! And it is to be assumed that upcoming mods will only be for MLB 2K9, right? The modding process is understandably behind, since the game just came out. I also saw there is an updated roster file and almost 20 stadiums, so starting a season now would be pretty realistic already.

Thanks! And it is to be assumed that upcoming mods will only be for MLB 2K9, right? The modding process is understandably behind, since the game just came out. I also saw there is an updated roster file and almost 20 stadiums, so starting a season now would be pretty realistic already.

For the most part, yes. Most of the major modders have dropped MVP (at least for now, who knows what will happen with it) and started on 2K9.

Archived