Question For The Franchise Owners

jaywil

After reading all the problems with Disabled List and Franchises, i think most people have turned off injuries. Not sure about stamina as well thought. Look around for the disabled list stuff and you will see what im talking about. I havent gone far enough in a franchise to see the problems that some are having. So if its injuries you are worried about when you say ruining their arms, then unfortnunately you just might have to turn off injuries. Again for stamina im not sure.

hope this helps a little.

That is what I am talking about a little, but I know that just in real life you need to manage the innings your pitchers are throwing. I was just wondering what or how most people do that in there franchises or do they at all?

With the pitcher on the mound you can display all of his pitch types. This also displays his stamina, composure, and pitch count (strikes, balls, & total). I'm using a Xbox 360 controller and it is the top left trigger button on this controller. This also doubles up because I rarely pick the pitch the catcher is suggesting anymore. I just reselect the location and look at the pitch I want and fire away.

There IS a recent game log for each player. When you look at a player in the roster, hit 5 on the keyboard, it will bring up his card. Scroll through it, and you'll see his game log.

Yeah. There is a wealth of information in the game, just have to figure out how to get to it. :)

I kinda knew my way around the menus, because they are similar to NBA 2k9's though.

It is omething I hope they make a little easier for next year.

Yes, That I understand. I am referring to from game to game as to track innings pitched and pitches thrown.

I didn't see anywhere to track pitches thrown other than what I mentioned above. IMO, looking at IP isn't a real accurate way to determine the fatigue level of a pitcher. Technically, you could pitch a minumum of 27 pitches in a complete game. Would this pitcher by tired from this outing? I doubt it.

You can check your line up & rotation prior to every game start (start button on the xbox 360 controller) and check fatigue levels there. This should give you a good indication of a player's readiness. I don't know what the danger level is but I have noticed a slight performance drop when the player is at 80%. It might be a good idea to plug guys in and rotate them around to give your starters a break between days off. I found this on accident but its nice to know so you can keep track of the whole team.

If you start digging into your bullpen early and quite often you're most likely going to have problems. I aim to get 7 innings out of my starter every game even though it's not possible all the time.

Yeah. There is a wealth of information in the game, just have to figure out how to get to it. :)

I kinda knew my way around the menus, because they are similar to NBA 2k9's though.

It is omething I hope they make a little easier for next year.

Maestro23,

I've noticed that you are usually the first to answer any questions regarding control issues and hidden information menus and what not. Would you consider doing a "real" manual on how to do all this. Think of it as your 2k9 journal. If you don't have the time to do it, I can help you put it together nicely if you could just give me some quick notes such as

how to see a player's card.

how to change lineups.

how to view defense alignment, etc. etc.

I still don't even know how to change fielders. I usually screw up popups in the infield. <_<

This could be an ongoing tutorial. Just an idea.

Archived