Give Me Some Stealing Tips

dabanara

ok so i take about 4 steps, then hold the button and release it when the pitcher throws but i'm always thrown out by a mile, or if i try to take off a bit early, i always get picked off. i only even attempt with fast runners, but i can't buy a steal. any tips on stealing or is my frustration what everyone else is experiencing?

the only time actually got a SB was when my guy was picked off and somehow still was called safe.

on the flipside, the CPU has a 100% steal rate on me. my throw is always late, not even close.

yea i agree man. it's very frustrating. i've only thrown out 1 cpu batter out of 7 or 8.

I have an Indians franchise and Grady Sizemore leads the league with 24 SBs. However, I got caught stealing 16 times. Not very efficient haha. Sometimes i just hope the pitcher has a slow release or the catcher throws it off-line.

1. wait for a good count. don't steal on 0-0. try to guess when the pitcher will throw a breaking ball, a changeup or a curveball. something slow and down.

2. take 3 steps and hold.

3. as soon as you see him going in the windup release and then dive at the end of the play.

i steal around 70%, but i always use fast guys like ellsbury.

Yeah stealing is a problem I've seen ichiro get caught way to many times the only time I can get one is if the catche makes a bad throw. You can't really turn the baserunner speed up too high or you will beat out routine ground balls.

Archived