Post Patch 8th Inning Crash?

JustinMorneau

well so its not jst the 8th inning it also happens durin 7th and 9th as well...this is frustrating beyond belief...i keep having to play the same game 2 -3 times in my franchise mode..

im gonna have to save n quit in the 6th inning then go back to the main menu load the game up to finish the game.

well so its not jst the 8th inning it also happens durin 7th and 9th as well...this is frustrating beyond belief...i keep having to play the same game 2 -3 times in my franchise mode..

im gonna have to save n quit in the 6th inning then go back to the main menu load the game up to finish the game.

I reinstalled the game when the patch was released. I had this problem before the patch and the game did crash on me one time in the 8th. Since then I've been using this work around but I'm not fond of it either. The post game stats and replays seem to get screwed up when you save and quit. I'm beginning to wonder if this is a video card or driver issue. I'm using a GTX 260 with the 182 drivers. There are new ones available. I'm going to try those and see if it helps. All of my settings are maxxed out. The game runs smooth but every now and then I'll notice a brief video glitch while batting.

I just got a crash in the 7th inning as soon as i tried to bring in a pinch hitter. It won't let me advance passed the first game in my new franchise...

EDIT: My roster was somehow bugged, I re-downloaded it and restarted and now it works.

I installed the new drivers today for the nvidia card. They're the 182.5 drivers from April 02. I played 2 complete games today in my CWS franchise against the Rays without a crash. I used 3 pitchers in the first game and 2 in the second. I didn't pinch hit in either game. Neither game crashed.

i have a 8800 gts with newest drivers (182.50). it happened to me last night when i warmed up a pitcher and then sat him down. in the start of the8th inning program shut itself. btw with these new drivers game sometimes speeds up like hell, then slows down to normal speed. if anyone expirience this plese tell me. i never had this problem with some older drivers (150 something) but it seems stupid to install them just for this game.

I just got a crash in the 7th inning as soon as i tried to bring in a pinch hitter. It won't let me advance passed the first game in my new franchise...

EDIT: My roster was somehow bugged, I re-downloaded it and restarted and now it works.

Happened to me too. Haven't loaded fresh rosters yet though. I'll try the most recent snash update now.

• 2 weeks later...

Well most people are not experiencing this problem but it seems to happen to people between 5th - 9th inning in most games and I'm starting to wonder maybe it's one of the mods?

I thought I'd start by listing the mods i have and others with the same problem can do the same and we can see what the problem is. and maybe people who don't have the problem can tell us if they have one of these mods because that means that mod is not the problem...

so here it goes (other than stadiums and uniforms..)

all of snash's rosters

ESPN overlay

Rogers Sportsnet overlay

TSN overlay

MLB ball by Trues

My Black Umpire Uniforms

the thing that makes the too late blah blah swing analysis go away

also i have the digital copy of the game so i had to do the manual patch install..

Well most people are not experiencing this problem but it seems to happen to people between 5th - 9th inning in most games and I'm starting to wonder maybe it's one of the mods?

I thought I'd start by listing the mods i have and others with the same problem can do the same and we can see what the problem is. and maybe people who don't have the problem can tell us if they have one of these mods because that means that mod is not the problem...

so here it goes (other than stadiums and uniforms..)

all of snash's rosters

ESPN overlay

Rogers Sportsnet overlay

TSN overlay

MLB ball by Trues

My Black Umpire Uniforms

the thing that makes the too late blah blah swing analysis go away

also i have the digital copy of the game so i had to do the manual patch install..

Why would a mod only make it crash in the 5th-9th inning? Every mod you listed is there the entire game, not just in the 5th-9th.

Wicked420,

That would mean the modification is doing something in the 5th-9th inning that it shouldn't be. Which mod is it, no clue. My only guess would be to take the individual mods out until the game stops crashing.

I'm using the following mods and haven't experienced the crash, despite playing about 20-25 games:

Snash's Rosters (since the beginning)

Logitech button mapping mod

No Swing Display

Small Pitching Cursor

Cardinals Logo startup screen

(added more mods, forgot about that)

All the mods do is replace/remove images, I don't think that would suddenly make something change in the 5th-9th innings, that didn't happen before it was changed.

People complain about this over at the 2K forums too, so my best guess is this is just another bug that needs to be fixed by 2K. A hardware or software issue.

If it makes you all feel better, I will list what I currently use and see no crashes.

Dirty Ball

No Swing Displays

Logitech Buttons

Small Pitching Cursor

ESPN Overlay

Every Stadium Mod (Except for duplicates)

Snash Rosters (Not the new edited version, just the opening day rosters)

Pujols CTS

just graspin at straws..thought some mod might cause it since only some people are experiencing it and it doesn't seem to depend on digital/hard copy, and this doesn't seem to happen with specific graphics cards

But I don't think anything in the game changes in the later innings either..I guess i could just take all the mods out and see if it still crashes

It happened to me twice (no mods installed), but I noticed I had an external hard drive on and my wireless connection active at both times. I'm not sure if they were the cause, but now I make sure all external drives are off (no ipod connected) and I disable my wireless connection. Since then, no crashes.

O.K, I tried what someone in here said. I totally simulated a season, it crashed to desktop in the world series. Loaded it back up and ran the post season games again. It didnt crash, but now come the new one. Once the winner of the world series has been determined you supposed to hit enter to move on. Wont work for me on the keybord, So I used my 8 key on my joystick. As soon as enter is hit game crashes to desktop. I simulated the whole season 3 times and got the same results. Where the hell is the patch for this thing? Now this does make the game unplayable. You cant even complete a season, or at least I cant.

nothing plugged in other than the power and wireless off and still crashed...and it crashes randomly even when i don't touch the bullpen or the bench..many times when it crashes there's always some notification on my desktop like a firewall permission stuff or whatever i dunno if that's contributing to this.

hmm, make sure the program is listed in your allowed programs for all access? If so try disabling your network and firewall then see if it makes a difference. I just got off the phone with take-two interactive and all they could tell me was that their busy fixing the console version and there wasnt any PC patch being worked on that he knew of. Wonder if they can have a class action suit against them for cheating people out of their money?

I've had my game crash twice this last week, so I figured I would chime in.

I'm using the MVP Community Roster 1.2 ( I think that is what it is called) and the updated Jays home uniform (sleeve patches) as my only mods. I've had the game crash on me twice in extra innings, once in the 12th and the latest just now in the 11th inning against KC in exhibition game (I was away so I wasn't using the modded home uniforms). I had just taken the lead in the top off the 11th, so I had my closer warming up. When the bottom half was just beginning I was just pressing on my saitek p880 d-pad to get to the menu to bring in my closer when it crashed.

Other than that, I've never had it crash in regulation. Not sure what is happening to be honest. I was thinking maybe it had to do with bringing in my closer as I seem to recall the first crash in extra innings I was again warming up my closer. As I've mentioned, the game has never crashed on me in regulation innings with my closer warming up, or at all actually. I might have to investigate this further, if I ever get to extras again.

Oh well.

Archived