Lighting/color Thoughts

wtferrell

Hey fellas, just looking around at some pics of MLB The Show 09, and looking at the lighting. I absolutely love the graphical style/lighting of that series compared to our 2k9. With that said, do you think that someone could utilize

http://boris-vorontsov.narod.ru/index_en.html

to see if we could attain a better visual style? I think 2k9 looks a tad "cartoony" due to the lighting.

Thoughts?

I was playing around with this last night. It does make some dramatic changes to the game.But... having no real idea what values to change, I made changes for the worse not for the better.I am hopeful that someone that knows much more about this gets their hands on it and can figure it out.

I agree... I used the Oblivion presets, and the game looked drastically different... for the better... but I think it was throwing quite a bit out of whack too... Just need someone with some knowledge on it to make the necessary tweaks without sacrificing FPS.

I just tried Burnout's pre-sets, as well as NBA Live 08's presets. Both were choppy. I don't know enough to optimize them, and wouldn't know where to begin. Burnout looks nice, however, I still prefer the oblivion if someone knew what they were doing to make it less choppy, and optimize it. I don't have screens, but download one of the presets from that site and try it. Shift + F12 enables it and disables it. If you don't like it, simply delete the two files. Hopefully somoene can throw some previews up.

I really like what the Oblivion does... if we could just ttweak it a tad.

Wicked, do you know enough about it to try and tweak one for MLB 2k? I know you used one for MVP... maybe try the one you used on MVP, to see how it looks on 2k.

I just did trial and error, it was a long time ago when i set it up. But I'll see if i still have the MVP one on here and how it looks.

I just tried the MVP one and it didn't change at all, do i downloaded the d3d9 file from the site and still nothing. I put it in the exe folder and pressed shift+f12 in game, nothing.

I then downloaded the NBA 08 preset and it loaded but caused my game to crash after a second.

I just did trial and error, it was a long time ago when i set it up. But I'll see if i still have the MVP one on here and how it looks.

I just tried the MVP one and it didn't change at all, do i downloaded the d3d9 file from the site and still nothing. I put it in the exe folder and pressed shift+f12 in game, nothing.

How are you guys even getting it to load up?

http://boris-vorontsov.narod.ru/download_en.htm

download the

TES Oblivion v0.075a

The old MVP05 version doesn't work since that was for directx 8. Also I tried the old setting I came with last year and the settings don't look so hot. The default ones look the best so far. But the lag is still unplayable, I think I have to tweak some settings in the nvidia CP or use a different version of enbseries.

Hmmmm... not sure what your problem might be then. NBA 08 works just fine for me, but there really isn't any sort of difference. very minor. One of them, I think burnout required d3dx9_v40.dll before it would work... maybe your dx drivers are out?

http://boris-vorontsov.narod.ru/download_en.htm

download the

TES Oblivion v0.075a

The old MVP05 version doesn't work since that was for directx 8. Also I tried the old setting I came with last year and the settings don't look so hot. The default ones look the best so far. But the lag is still unplayable, I think I have to tweak some settings in the nvidia CP or use a different version of enbseries.

Still crashes. Are you guys on Vista or XP?

Hmmmm... not sure what your problem might be then. NBA 08 works just fine for me, but there really isn't any sort of difference. very minor. One of them, I think burnout required d3dx9_v40.dll before it would work... maybe your dx drivers are out?

I tried the NBA08 version and it seems to run much smoother than the oblivion version. The default settings were kinda tame but I do notice a difference when tweaking.

Looks great rolie. My only problem is that when I enable it, it directly drops my FPS down to 30fps instead of 60. Not sure why. As soon as I turn it off, right back to 60 FPS. It's like something in the settings won't let it go over 30FPS. I have enough power to run it...

Looking really nice though. Love the darker colors for night games...

Archived