Pitcher Substitutions

Canuck_01

Hi I just purchased MLB 2K9 and am having a bit of problems. I currently use a XBOX 360 wired controller and am having problems making pitcher subsitutions during the game. I hit escape and when I go to the subsitution slot it is greyed out. How do I get access to this so I can warm up and eventually substitue a new pitcher. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Tks

Canuck_01

Thanks for the advice but no joy still cant get to the subsitution menu when I hit escape it is still greyed out. Pushing down on D-pad shows the players only and sometimes the bullpen. I am so confused LOL.

if you hit the d-pad n then go to the main menu it won't let u sub. u either turn the d-pad off (press the button u use for mound visit) and go to the menu, or when u have the d-pad on when it shows ur position players press the button u use to advance/increase lead for ur selected runner (not all runners) that (and the button that does the opposite) should cycle the menu b/w bench and bullpen.

Figured it out with the joystick, push the D-pad down that will bring up the roster, then push the right trigger and that will bring you to the bench players then press it again and it will bring you to the pitchers then you can warm them up etc. Now if I can just learn to pitch better. WHat does everyone use to pitch, I use total control and pro what is easier to locate pitches?

Figured it out with the joystick, push the D-pad down that will bring up the roster, then push the right trigger and that will bring you to the bench players then press it again and it will bring you to the pitchers then you can warm them up etc.

I said that in my 2nd post.

I just press the pause button (button 10 on the Logitech Dual Action) and then go to Substitutions and then select Warm Up Pitcher.

Click the pitcher you want to warm up and they will go to the right of the screen.

When you are ready to bring them in, just sub the pitcher in.

Or you can use the method mentioned earlier in this thread, both work for me.

I use Hackman's method. Both are kind of a pain, particularly since you cannot see current stats for any of your pitchers, just attributes and energy level. At least the stats flash on the screen after you've made the switch as the new pitcher is trotting in, which is more than what happens when the computer subs a pitcher. Without the commentary on, you don't even get a clue as to who it is they brought in, much less what their stats are.

I use Hackman's method. Both are kind of a pain, particularly since you cannot see current stats for any of your pitchers, just attributes and energy level. At least the stats flash on the screen after you've made the switch as the new pitcher is trotting in, which is more than what happens when the computer subs a pitcher. Without the commentary on, you don't even get a clue as to who it is they brought in, much less what their stats are.

u could go to the substitution menu by main menu and then when u get to the pitcher press the player card button (5 for keyboard) and just cycle through until you get to season stats or recent game stats..still a pain in the *** but its there

Archived