Cpu Pitch Zone Tendency

Vikrant

• 1 month later...

I was asking myself the same question yesterday. I don't know if that slider just effects the way the ball is placed when the user is hitting with zone hitting or if changes the way the pitch is thrown when not using it. I did come to the realization that the AI Pitch Success slider has a big effect on how you hit the ball. Put that sucker to 100 and you won't be hitting anything usless you are spot on with your swing. Anything over 8 0 is pretty rough. I played 2 back to back games and had 1 hit in my first and 3 in my second with the Pitch Success slider at 100. Just a random thought from your original post.

What does "Pitch Zone Tendency" mean? My slider for CPU Strike Zone Tendency is set at 5/100. I don't know what to set the CPU Pitch Zone Tendency at. What does it mean? What's a realistic setting for this?

I think it controls how often the AI pitches to a certain zone, such as your cold zones.

I notice using inside edge feedback, that at 5, the AI throws to low and away (picture the 2-3-6 buttons on a keypad) about 30% of the time, and everywhere else, including out of the zone between 5-10% for each zone ... except the 5-hole (right down the middle).

I have mine at 5 also, and I think that is about as good as it's going to get on this game. It's just not programmed to move the ball around a lot and throw a decent amount of balls ( on a consistent basis).

You would think that slider explanantions and how to make more difficult/easy, would be right there on the screen (Like mlb09), but hey at least we have slider #'2 this year. Last year we had to "count clicks" 0 to 100 ... and they weren't in groups of fives, but ONES. Nightmare what this company does to its customers.

Archived