An All-star Season In St. Louis ...

CircleChange11

Here are some player cards I made, and a sample of my update page. Edit: I think I'll make a "back" the card for each guy with eir 2k9 ratings for the most important categories, as well as, their inside edge information.

The info in the update page are from different games (so bust my b@lls on that). I just threw it together for a format.

All images, including the background, are from the game itself.

in alphabetical order ...

BC-Ankielcopy.jpgBC-BuschStadiumcopy.jpg

BC-Carpentercopy.jpgBC-Duncancopy.jpg

BC-Franklincopy.jpgBC-Greenecopy.jpg

LOL at Ryan Franklins picture :p

:lol: All the the in-game shots looks pretty bad, but wow, Franklin is something else... What graphic settings do you play on?

Are you starting completely over or just picking up in the Cubs series? Let us know how the Pirates, Astros, and Dbacks series went if you're starting with the Cubs series.

In order to play with a decent frame rate, I have to take a bit of a hit on the graphics. I can live with it.

I usually kick all the graphics options up to their highest rating as the game ends, in order to get high quality pics in the replays ... just for the updates.

What he said. Even though I'm a Cubbie, its good to see a St. Louis 'chise on here. ;)

Looks great so far man, keep up the good work.

That pretty much lets ya know what I think about Ryan Franklin and the rest of the crew and their 31 blown saves and bullpen losses (both leading the MLs) in 08. Had that number been cut in half, we could have won the division and spared the rest of the world another wasted playoff appearance by the Cubs.

I decided to just go ahead and continue the franchise I had going (15 games) . I'll update here, with those games I have already completed using my early format, and then I'll go ahead and redo the format for the games I have already played (at a later date) using the new format (box score images). I plan on just editing the catcher's throwing arm for the catcher I am facing in each series, as the season goes on. To replay all of the games I already payed would take much longer than just updating those games with the new format. I was rally enjoying that franchise. I wil try and trade for Willis. If it changes his appearance, I won't.

Here it goes ...

Here's the game update image I'll use. It's quick n easy.

Game1complete2.jpg

Will be using Darkspace's sliders as a base for game 2. Used SerialMike's for Game 1.

All images are FRAP's from the actual game.

Game #3 ...

Game3complete.jpg

I haven't messed with the lineups yet. To mirror the real Birds, I need to edit Schumaker into a 2B. I will that sometime. Right now, BRyan is doing decent.

Also, I play with DH in both leagues because [1] hitting with pitchers is about as fun/interesting as pitching with DH's, and [2] it allows you to fully develop one more player.

When I move Schumaker to 2B, Rasmus will be called up for LF duty. I usd him in 2k8 and won the ROY. Something like a .280-16-64 debut season.

Edit: The caption for the bottom left pic, should say "Lohse" instead of Piniero. When you update 3 games at once things get a little cloudy in an older mind.

Games 8-10 (3rd series) ...

Will go back and make these single game updates using the new format, later.

S3-ARZ.jpg

The Cards' first road trip was only marginally successful as the DBacks took 2 of 3 in their home park.

Game 8 (Play) -- ARZ 7, StL 2

Ex-Cardinal Dan Haren pitched well against the organization that nurtured him as a young prospect. Now as a full fledged Ace, Haren held the Redbirds to 6 hits through 6.2 innings while allowing just 2 runs. The good outing allowed Haren to remain undefeated and upped his record to 2-0. Justin Upton drove in 3 runs, 2 RBIs coming on a bases clearing double. LF Colby Rasmus (insert) made his ML debut for the Cardinals and double home Skip Schumaker on a hit and run in the 6th.

Game 9 (Sim) -- ARZ 5, StL 1

Lefty Doug Davis overwhelmed Cardinal hitters for 8.1 innings, fanning 10. Connor Jackson's 3-run Bomb in the 3rd provided more than enough cushion for the DBacks, with Mark Reynolds (insert) adding a Solo shot to go along with his stellar defense at 3rd. SP Todd Wellemeyer was unable to get out of the 4th inning after allowing 5 runs on 5 hits, while striking out 7, in 3.2 IP. The Cards bullpen, which has been a sore spot, completed the game without allowing a run over the last 4.1 innings. J.Thurston got a start in the OF and delivered, going 2-for-3 with a stolen base. Brendan Ryan filling in for Skip Schumaker against the lefty Doug Davis scored the team's only run, being driven home from 3rd on an Albert Pujols groundout.

Game 10 (Play) -- StL 4, ARZ 2

Joel Pineiro continues to solidify his spot as the 5th starter in the Cardinals' rotation, but upping his record to 2-0, holding the Snakes to just 2 runs through 7 innings. Pineiro left the game after giving up a lead-off single in the 8th. Reyes came in from the bullpen and induced a double play grounder, and Motte finished off the inning. Fireballing prospect Chris Perez (insert) pitched a scoreless 9th to earn his 1st save of the season, and finished off another strong outing by the Cardinals bullpen. 1B Albert Pujols led the offense with 4 hits, while CF Rick Ankiel drove home 2 runs on a bloop single and a double to the right-center gap.

Next Series - @ Chicago Cubs

The Cardinals (5-5) travel back to the Midwest, and back into the Central division when they go to historic Wrigley field to battle their arch-rival Chicago Cubs (2-6). THe Cubs were picked by most to win the division, yet are currently in the cellar (where they belong) due to horrific starting pitching. The Cards will face 3 starters with ERA's over 8.00, incuding perennial Cy Young candidate Carlos "Big Z" Zambrano (9.82). Adam Wainwright looks to continue his dominance this season in the 1st game of the series, while former CY award winner Chris Carpenter looks to bounce back from a poor showing against the Astros.

Game 12 ...

game12.jpg

PCP-g12-1.jpg

In the 2nd inning Angel Guzman walked Molina and Greene consecutively. Then he plunked Schumaker, to load the bases. Rasmus grounded into a force at home. I forget what Duncan and Pujols did, but then Guzman did throw a strike, right down the middle to Ludwick, who hit it into the basket in LC. The rest of the staff, including user pitchers pitched realistic, and the game played well.

Currently, I'm on Game 16 v. Mets. I will update G 3, 14, 15 shortly using the new format (box scores, summaries, team stats, clutch performer, and mlb headlines). Soon I'll redo all of the other games (for consistency and appearance) using the new format. Spring Break is over and real-life (junior high principal, coaching 2 baseball teams, 3 kids, etc) is going to kick in full throttle on monday. Been kinda nice being able to get all "geeky" for a week though.

Game 15 I won 2-1 in the last inning when Ankiel hit a blast to center warning track (with a man on) that went off Kosuke's glove.

I think I'll just keep the batting box scores that just show AB-R-H-RBI, since the other stats are in the summary and team stats images. Makes for easier viewing.

• 4 weeks later...

I appreciate the comments fellas ... but this franchise died when I started over with the new MVP 1.2 rosters (Detrot v. St. Louis franchise replaced it).

I have some pretty cool (IMO) ideas for a "series presentation" for that franchise thread. I just need to do some updates. I've been having some fun playing the games, but I'm getting the itch to do some updates lately, so check out that thread here in the near future.

There'll be "snapshots" with in game pics, custom jerseys, action profiles, team v. team comparisons, as well as, results for a specific slider set, and changes to the sliders for enhanced accuracy/realism.

Should be some good stuff, if/when I find the time to update.

Archived