I'm F'ing Done

mjvbosox

I asked how to turn off the landing circle and did what was said but it still shows up and the other thing I would like to do is get rid of the throwing meter. any suggestions?

Sorry, I misread your post, I thought you wanted to know how to not make it move.

Not sure if you can turn it off or not, but if you can it would be in that same place.

Stick with mvp!

Played "the show" and "2k9" and i just can't get in to it.

Having played triple play/mvp for so long,those other games pitching&batting controls are plain foreign to me!.

I guess im just old!,and prefer the simple&classic mvp series,but WHY would you spend hundreds of dollars on a console and a game (unless you already have a ps3/360!!) ,when mvp still is constantly supported year after year,through this and other sites?

Peace. :D

1. Go to local electronics retailer.

2. Proceed to section containing Ps3 consoles. Pick up box.

3. Pick up MLB 09: The Show

4. Proceed to counter

5. Reach into pocket, pay the nice lady at counter $490 +.

6. Go home and enjoy new investment.

Its that easy......seriously

That's funny! Send me the money and I'll do just what you say.

Are PS3s really that expensive in the states? I got my 40 gig PS3 for 400 (CAD) with an extra controller and two games included. Still haven't picked up The Show yet, but I definitely will soon.

Considering most people don't have $400-500 to drop on a console and then another $50-60 to drop on the game, yes they are expensive.

Many people here probably have somewhat-high end computers that can already play computer games.

Stick with mvp!

Played "the show" and "2k9" and i just can't get in to it.

Having played triple play/mvp for so long,those other games pitching&batting controls are plain foreign to me!.

I guess im just old!,and prefer the simple&classic mvp series,but WHY would you spend hundreds of dollars on a console and a game (unless you already have a ps3/360!!) ,when mvp still is constantly supported year after year,through this and other sites?

Peace. :D

I was pretty much the same way, but I fell in love with the total control pitching in 2k8. The mod to remove the ball cursor really adds something to it also. I refused to use the hit stick in 2k7, but tried it in 2k8 and really enjoyed it. With 2k9 I've kinda reverted back to classic hitting, but use hit stick once in a while. According to reports, using the classic batting results in a little less power (post-patch) than using the hit stick.

I enjoy the pitching (all 3 steps), and when you're throwing good pitches, there is a sense of really doing something ... other than just hitting the right spot with the pitch meter (for all types of pitches). I will say, when using the hit stick (total control batting), and you absolutely drill one, there is also a sense of "really doing something". After playing 500+ games with MVP05/07/08, the controls sort of get disengaging.

HH2003 and MVP are two games that I played A TON and got way more than my money's worth, but 2k9 offers something (particularly the controls and mods) in the way of difficulty and challenge. The 3-step pitching is really fun.

My 7yo son has been playing a lot of the show on PS2, and after reading some threads at OS, it would seem that The Show also has difficulty with getting pitch numbers/strikes realistic without turning the sliders all the way to zero, and it still uses the pitch meter which is only marginally appealling. I also notice a great deal more hit variety with 2k9. From watching my son, a lot of the hits on The Show seem to look very similar, with OF's cuting off singles at the track or close to it ... and everyone throws with the exact same motion ... the motion that looks like an IF's quick throw from 3/4's. While The Show is a great game, I don't see what the big advantages are over say, just continuing to play MVP08.

Archived