Michael Bourne, Eat Your Heart Out

JoeRudi26

Wow, big-time play JR!

Playing MVP I see. I barely had a chance doing that due to me barely playing there.

Yeah, I gave 2K9 everything I had, it just fell apart. It was fine after the patch for 8 or 9 games, and then it just fell apart. 6, 7 errors a game, more glitches than I'd ever seen before the patch, you name it. It was a mess. I've never seen anything like it in my life.

But yeah, I had forgotten how solid the gameplay was in MVP. BTW, you say you haven't had a chance to play in Houston often. Do you play as the Yankees? Just curious.

Yeah, I gave 2K9 everything I had, it just fell apart. It was fine after the patch for 8 or 9 games, and then it just fell apart. 6, 7 errors a game, more glitches than I'd ever seen before the patch, you name it. It was a mess. I've never seen anything like it in my life.

But yeah, I had forgotten how solid the gameplay was in MVP. BTW, you say you haven't had a chance to play in Houston often. Do you play as the Yankees? Just curious.

Lol, I agree with every single word you said up to the question. Just frustrating. I play with the Yankees a bit, Kansas City. For some reason I just don't use the NL Central lol. I'd love to start a dynasty but I'm always panicking. I'm currently rebuilding my MVP folder.

I'm currently rebuilding my MVP folder.

Same here. I bought a PS3 last year and tried The Show. That lasted until I realized the sliders meant absolutely nothing, 25 pitch at bats, and just simply repetitive, monotonous game play masked by a very slick presentation. I have no idea about this year's Show, but that was my own experience from the first one. But hey, I'm loving the PS3. B)

2K9 looked promising, great sounds and presentation, and it was sort of coming together with some slider tweaks. And then BAM. I have no idea what happened. It was like the flood gates opened and they just wouldn't stop. Very, very strange.

Downloaded the 08 Mod, KG's newest rosters, an 09 schedule, did some datafile tweaks, slider tweaks, and I have some good, solid baseball for this year's season. If Sony would get thier heads out and venture out to the PC, the baseball gaming market as we all know it would end. Between them and this community, 2K9, EA, and whoever else might as well turn their attention elsewhere. It would be over.

I guess we can dream. ;)

Yeah JR, I'm quickly finding that the sliders in The Show do nothing. I've lowered everything for the CPU, and raised all of mine, but it doesn't matter. No matter what type of lead I have, the CPU is always going to put up 3 or 4 runs in the last couple of innings.

Yeah JR, I'm quickly finding that the sliders in The Show do nothing. I've lowered everything for the CPU, and raised all of mine, but it doesn't matter. No matter what type of lead I have, the CPU is always going to put up 3 or 4 runs in the last couple of innings.

It's sad, teb, such an incredible looking game, and it's obvious the devs went to the limits to make it feel like real baseball. Everything except game play.

When are they going to learn?

MVP may be outdated, but after playing it again for the last few days, I can't believe how mechanically sound it is. No more holding my breath when the ball is put into play.

JR....did you try reinstalling 2k9? Wonder if that would help?

No, to tell you the truth, I figured it was coming. Just wondered when 'the other shoe was going to drop'. The game looks and sounds great, but it just seems like "work" to be able to get a decent game out of it. It's a mess.

As I said earlier, 2K9 or VC should be ashamed of themselves just for accepting money for this nonsense. I'm not sure I've seen a more broke game, in my lifetime, ever put on the shelves.

It's too bad too, tywiggins created a piece of software (editor) for the game that I have no doubt was worth more than double the game itself.

JR, are you considering picking up your '78 Yankees dynasty? I really loved its classic presentation.

btw, nice catch at Minute Maid Park. I could use defense like that in my NLDS against the Astros. ;)

I actually deleted the Yankee Dynasty when I realized there was going to be another PC baseball game. I've already started with the Cubbies again, trying to catch up to the real schedule as we speak.

• 1 month later...

Archived