Qustion For Stadium Modders

DonSPa

hey got a question for other modders who have done stadiums,ive noticed most ads replaced in game seem to be off color etc during night games,is this normal or is there something that im doing wrong.At present im woking on dolphin stadium and the ads look great and while i was testing i ended up in a night game and they just dont look as good any hints would be appreciated

hey got a question for other modders who have done stadiums,ive noticed most ads replaced in game seem to be off color etc during night games,is this normal or is there something that im doing wrong.At present im woking on dolphin stadium and the ads look great and while i was testing i ended up in a night game and they just dont look as good any hints would be appreciated

Yeah most all stadiums have the awful effect during night games. It also effects the walls quite noticeably It's a bummer because changing the color effects both night and day. One thing I did was not use a bright white and actually a 50% gray color instead and also darkening/saturating the walls abit. Another thing I tried to do is get all the colors to match, I used one dark red color for every ad that had red.

Even if you do all this, it'll still look funky at night. Afternnoon and day games look the best while some night games look horrible and some of the shading was rushed.

ok cool thanx rolie i wanted to make sure it wasnt just me doing something wrong today i changed the clock in dolphin stadium and when i tested it u could see the old one and the new one blending and made it look terrible,but during the day it looked great

ok cool thanx rolie i wanted to make sure it wasnt just me doing something wrong today i changed the clock in dolphin stadium and when i tested it u could see the old one and the new one blending and made it look terrible,but during the day it looked great

Maybe the bump mapping added to the clock or lighting map? Some textures have an extra texture that contains other effects over the same texture.

They are usually easy to spot because they come right after, in iff editor. The textures are bright green or all black with little red parts.

You might be dealing with the latter, black texture/red parts that only effect night games and would explain why you don't notice that weird blending during the day.

Archived