Window Keeps Closing

herky

Just installed the 08 Mod and everything seems OK except my game window will minimize every once in a while. I installed the 08 Mod first with TIT and it seems to be giving me trouble. I just purchased a new computer running Vista 64. I'm certain my specs are more than enough as I pumped a lot into this computer. Any sugestions? I never had problems on my old laptop running the 06 Mod.

The only thing I can think of is my anti-virus software updating, although it happens quite often for that to be the case. I have everything closed out when I run the game, except for the MVP08 folder that I made. I don't have a short-cut to MVP on my desktop so that program folder is open.

The weird thing is today I messed around on it for about 1 hour and it didn't close, but then I just got back on and it started doing it again. I haven't touched any settings on my computer since I got it last week so it's odd why it's doing it.

Should I maybe turn off my anti-virus when I play? I have my computer linked to a wireless router so it's always connected. Perhaps I'll try disconnecting from the network when I play so no updates can be installed at that time.

Try temporarily disabling automatic updates in your AV software and play. Even with the AV turned off, it may still try to update. As long as it's relatively up to date, disabling automatic update for an hour or two to test shouldn't cause any security risks.

Archived