Need a little help

Thome25

I know that this been posted before but I cant seem too find it but my logitech controller is buggin and I have a Saitek Duel analog Rumble and was wondering if someone can walk me through on how too get it to work for MVP.So if anyone can help I be very greatful.Thanks guys.

I have a Saitek Duel analog Rumble and was wondering if someone can walk me through on how too get it to work for MVP

I am not familiar with that exact model. The gamepad looks very similar to the Saitek P880.

Try using the Radio Shack method on this faq.

At the end of the tutorial where you plugin: Logitech Dual Action, put Saitek P880 Pad USB.

Next edit your controller.cfg, add this at the end:

profile= Saitek_p880_pad_USB

device= Saitek_p880_pad_USB

player= 1

number_of_buttons= 12

number_of_povs= 1

number_of_axis= 4

VPAD_VIRTUAL_BUTTON_START= button 11

VPAD_VIRTUAL_BUTTON_SELECT= not_assigned -1

VPAD_VIRTUAL_BUTTON_CROSS= button 3

VPAD_VIRTUAL_BUTTON_CRICLE= button 4

VPAD_VIRTUAL_BUTTON_SQUARE= button 1

VPAD_VIRTUAL_BUTTON_TRIANGLE= button 2

VPAD_VIRTUAL_BUTTON_L1= button 7

VPAD_VIRTUAL_BUTTON_R1= button 8

VPAD_VIRTUAL_BUTTON_L2= button 5

VPAD_VIRTUAL_BUTTON_R2= button 6

VPAD_VIRTUAL_BUTTON_L3= button 9

VPAD_VIRTUAL_BUTTON_R3= button 10

VPAD_VIRTUAL_BUTTON_DPAD_UP= pov0 1

VPAD_VIRTUAL_BUTTON_DPAD_DOWN= pov180 1

VPAD_VIRTUAL_BUTTON_DPAD_LEFT= pov270 1

VPAD_VIRTUAL_BUTTON_DPAD_RIGHT= pov90 1

VPAD_VIRTUAL_BUTTON_L_STICK_RIGHT= axis- 1

VPAD_VIRTUAL_BUTTON_L_STICK_LEFT= axis+ 1

VPAD_VIRTUAL_BUTTON_L_STICK_UP= axis+ 2

VPAD_VIRTUAL_BUTTON_L_STICK_DOWN= axis- 2

VPAD_VIRTUAL_BUTTON_R_STICK_RIGHT= axis- 3

VPAD_VIRTUAL_BUTTON_R_STICK_LEFT= axis+ 3

VPAD_VIRTUAL_BUTTON_R_STICK_UP= axis+ 4

VPAD_VIRTUAL_BUTTON_R_STICK_DOWN= axis- 4

VPAD_PITCH_1= button 3

VPAD_PITCH_2= button 4

VPAD_PITCH_3= button 1

VPAD_PITCH_4= button 2

VPAD_PITCH_5= button 8

VPAD_FIELD_PICK_OFF_THROW_FIRST= button 4

VPAD_FIELD_PICK_OFF_THROW_SECOND= button 2

VPAD_FIELD_PICK_OFF_THROW_THIRD= button 1

VPAD_PITCH_OUT= button 3

VPAD_DEFENSIVE_ALIGNMENT_OPEN= button 6

VPAD_THROW_BALL= not_assigned -1

VPAD_INTENTIONAL_WALK= button 10

VPAD_INTENTIONAL_HITBATTER= button 9

VPAD_PITCH_HISTORY_OPEN= button 9

VPAD_SWING_NORMAL= button 3

VPAD_SWING_BUNT= button 10

VPAD_CHARGE_MOUND= button 2

VPAD_FIELD_THROW_FIRST= button 4

VPAD_FIELD_THROW_SECOND= button 2

VPAD_FIELD_THROW_THIRD= button 1

VPAD_FIELD_THROW_HOME= button 3

VPAD_FIELD_SWITCH= button 8

VPAD_FIELD_CUTOFF_THROW= button 7

VPAD_FIELD_FAKE_RUNDOWN_THROW= button 8

VPAD_RUNNER_FIRST_SELECT= button 4

VPAD_RUNNER_SECOND_SELECT= button 2

VPAD_RUNNER_THIRD_SELECT= button 1

VPAD_RUNNER_RUNFIRST= pov90 1

VPAD_RUNNER_RUNSECOND= pov0 1

VPAD_RUNNER_RUNTHIRD= pov270 1

VPAD_RUNNER_RUNHOME2SCORE= pov180 1

VPAD_BASERUNNER_ADVANCEALL= button 8

VPAD_BASERUNNER_RETREATALL= button 7

VPAD_RUNNER_STOP_SELECTED= button 5

VPAD_RUNNER_STOP_ALL= button 6

Just so you know, I don't take credit for this .cfg file, I haven't tested it, I just found it on the high heat forums.

If you didn't know the controller.cfg file is located at:

"%userprofile%My DocumentsMVP Baseball 2004"

I think any controller will work, as long as it matches up with one supported by the game for buttons and axes.

All I did to get my PS1 controller to work was go into the registry, find my controller listing, and changed the name to Logitech Dual Action, and it has worked since day one.

You can use a PS1 controller on the PC? Or am I completely missing the point of this discussion?

Well yes and no. You can use a ps1/ps2 controller on the pc, but no it's not really the point of the thread.

Nope I cant figure it out so I guess I just have to deal with the logitech bull crap.But thanks for trying

What exactly did you do? You edited the registry and added Saitek p880 Pad USB and then made the controller.cfg file and it didn't work?

Well yes and no. You can use a ps1/ps2 controller on the pc, but no it's not really the point of the thread.

Since it's off topic, PM with me a how-to then, please. I'm really interested in this possibility, seeing how I have a PS1 collecting dust, and I'm annoyed with keyboard controls in MVP. :)

I got saitek rumble and i went to registry and changed it to Logitech Dual Action USB then i went to the game and still it's not wotking.i just played a game with my logitech and the left analog is not going all the way to the right and i lost another game cause of it this is really buggin me :banghead:

Since it's off topic, PM with me a how-to then, please.

I don't care about it being a little OT. You need to buy an adaptor, they are available for around $10.

Here are a few that are known to work well with the game:

Super Joybox PS2 Adapter, Radio Shack USB-PSX Adapter, and the Soyo KiKy X-Series Game Pad Converter.

I personally love the soyo that I have, but I know the Radio Shack one is cool, because most people have 2 or 3 of those stores locally.

If you decide to get any of those adaptors, you can get detailed instructions on this faq.

Ok now I cant keep the ball in the strike zone and if i do just so happen to get in there if they hit it i go to move my players and they dive .Anyone know whats going on If so can u help.thanks

man, thats a lot of strange problems lol.

Umm, if you used that config file, then yeah you have to change the controllers name in the registry to match the file. if you don't wanna go back to the registry, you can change the name in the cfg file to match the registry, either way SHOULD work.

profile= Logitech_Dual_Action

device= Logitech_Dual_Action

player= 1

number_of_buttons= 12

number_of_povs= 1

number_of_axis= 4

thats what the top of my cfg looks like, and i'm using a PS1 controller with the Radio Shack adapter, using the registry edit that i suggested. You would probably be better off using the Saitek P880 cfg name though since its almost the same as the controller you're using.

Ok now I cant keep the ball in the strike zone and if i do just so happen to get in there if they hit it i go to move my players and they dive.

You're really losing me here. You change the registry to the p880 and made the controller.cfg file that I have listed above? After that you are still having these problems.

We can probably get it perfected if you just post more details.

I'd be glad to help. Did you use the controller.cfg file that I posted above. If you did and you're still having problems, try deleting everything from the controller.cfg file except the keyboard configuration and boot up the game.

Let me know what happens.

yeah i did use the the controll config and yes inside the game the controller says Saitek P880 but when i go to plat the cursor wont stay in the strike zone and the fielder dive every time the ball gets hit in play my fielders dive .

1) Try unplugging your controller and plugging it back in.

2) Try deleting the entry from the controller.cfg file and give the default p880 configuration a try.

3) Make sure that POS logitech is not plugged in.

It is something in your controller.cfg file that is causing it, more than likely.

Post your results back on here.

I did a calaberation of the controll and it's a little better i can move the cursor around the stikrre zone a little bit but the bib thing is that the players arent diving no more so i guess i got to deal with it.Thanks for all the help guys im greatful

Archived