If Your Season Started Like This, Would You Change Things?

krower

I am the Royals and I have started out 5-0. Each one of my games has been won by 1-3 runs. No more, and I have 1 shutout. No team has scored above 6 runs so my games have been something like this, 3-1, 6-5, 4-2, 2-0, 3-2 (just estimates as I am not in the game at the moment.

here is the question. Since the games are close, and the hits are about normal, and there are times where I am losing, but come back (the 6-5 game was back and forth), should I assume this is luck and keep the sliders the way they are since they are very close games, or should I bump up the computer offense. I am afraid that if I bump up the offense and this was just luck then I will suck bad. But don't want to win every game, even though the games are very close.

I take my time at the plate. make the pitch to me. I usually score my runs off the RP's. So I would like to assume its a good strategy and keep it the way it is, but just though I would ask....

If your season started out like this, would you change things?

I usually use the beginning of my season (schedule) as a test run if I've recently tweaked sliders.  After I get a decent base,  I'll monitor game play with 3 or 4 games being the measuring stick, and adjust accordingly as I go.  I mainly look at pitch counts, foul balls, strikeouts, walks, hits, and runs per game.  Once I have these aspects stabilized, pretty much the rest seems to fall into place.

As a matter of fact, I played all last season on All-Star, and never really got the game to play realistically.  Not bad, but not the way I wanted it to play.  I averaged 4-6 hits per game, and just under 3 runs.  Obviously these numbers are too low, but as the season progressed, and tons of tweaking, it was really too late to totally overhaul everything.

After realizing 2K9 wasn't going to work for me, I went back to MVP and continued on All-Star with my old sliders.  After about 8 or 9 games getting the same, low end results, I decided to drop the difficulty level back down to Pro and find a solid base to start from.  I have to admit, I almost gave up after 3 or 4 days of unsuccessfully finding a good starting point.  I found out part of my problem was the hitting view I was using, so I swiped some variables from a couple of different datafiles, changed some camera views, and found a solid base of sliders, and after 18 games into the season, I'm 10-8 and am currently getting embarrassed by the Rays.  

I'm glad I didn't give up, I'm getting the best results I've ever had since I bought the game 4 years ago.

But finally, to answer your question, at 5-0 I'd take everything into account before changing anything.  Break it all down and apply some logic:

What teams are you playing?  Were you the better team to begin with?  Were the games fun and challenging?  Did you have to come back from any deficits?  Were the overall numbers somewhat realistic?

I ask these question because even at 10-8 in my own dynasty, I've had a 4 game losing streak AND a 7 game winning streak.  I'd give it 5 more games and see where you stand at that point.

Good luck.

Archived