This Game Hates Me

CircleChange11

Alright, I'm (StL) getting shelled by the Chokers (Mets) 8-1 in the 8th. All I got going for me is earning some player cards. I've pretty much got the Reyes and Church cards earned. David Wright is 1-4 (3 outs) and you have to get him out 4 times to earn the card. He's up with a man on 3rd, nobody out. Based on past experience with 2k having major difficulty dealing with sac bunts and sac flies counting as a "batter faced" (i.e., not letting you bring in another pitcher because a sac bunt or HBP doesn;t count as a "batter faced" because it doesn;t result in a recorded "at bat" for the hitter), I'm getting a preminition that Wright is going to fly out, and the runner will tag and score (sac fly), and it won;t register as "getting Wright out". Sho nuff. Flies out to LF, Murphy scores. No card.

Finally they take OPerez out of the game in the 9th since he's tired of bending me over. They bring in Putz. I gotta score 2 earned runs off of him to get his card. What the heck, I got nothing else going for me this game. 2 outs, Ludwick singles, Glaus doubles. Ankiel up 2-outs, 2-on, ... a hit gets me Putz's card. Ankiel lines to right center .... Beltran makes a diving catch to end the game.

'Natch.

*grin*

This game hates me: Part 2 ...

Armando Galarraga takes a no hitter to the 7th ... Figgins bloops a single to center just out of Granderson's reach. I still haven;t thrown a no-no in MVP or 2k. I'm thinking I'll catch Figgins stealing, and earn his card. Wrong. Figgins steals 2nd and 3rd. *grin* Abreau squeezes him home (my squeeze slider may be a bit high), still lead 3-1 at the end of 7.

Bonderman and Rodney breeze through the 8th. 9th inning, Lyon in for the save (Zumaya is tired from previous game). Figgins bunts for a hit. Abreau doubles over Ordonez, 2nd and 3rd 1-out. Walk Vlad to load em up, with a chance for DP. Torii doubles over Guillen in left .. all 3 runners score. Lose 4-3. I should have checked the OF positioning, because they were playing in .. possibly to cut down the tying run on a single. I would have placed them deeper for a sac fly, not that it would have mattered (except maybe Vlad holds at 3rd, if I get to the ball sooner.

Galaragga and Porcello are very good pitchers on this game. I think they both have 4 pitches with high ratings.

Everytime there is a player on third it seems like the CPU loves the suicide squeeze...and my catcher catches the ball and misses the tag all the time..any advice on how to get my catcher into better position?

What controller are you using? On my Logitech Dual Action, press button 6 and the catcher will block the plate. You can also adjust some sliders in the AI running area to have them perform the squeeze's less often.

Archived