Controller Non Responsive

sdoyle7798

Just bought the game and installed it. I am using a Logitech Rumblepad 2. The game recognizes the controller, at least on the button mapping screen. However, when I try to swing in the game, nothing happens. In both the Total Control and Classic Control, nothing is happening.

I have the Total Control set at the Right stick, and classic set as Button 2. Nothing works.

Any thoughts? I'd hate to think I bought this game and cannot play it.

EDIT: Just tested my controller on MVP, and it works fine there, so it should not be the controller.

check user profiles that your profile is set for the right controller

Just tried it again, making sure I had the controller and profile set up correctly, and it worked for all of 2 swings before not working again.

WTF!!!

Did not work.

Just to clarify, I loaded my profile, I then configured my controller, I then saved the configurations. I then went into the hitting practice, making sure my profile was on the team I wanted. I got 2 swings total, then nothing else.

I tried Total Control, which I had the right stick meant as the swing. When that didn't work, I went to Classic control which has button 2 as the swing. Neither one is working for me.

Went to pitching, and the same thing happened. I could not pitch.

I am really hoping I don't have to buy a new controller just to play this game.

I am tempted to buy a new controller, but I really don't want to do that when I have one that works on everything else. If I did buy one, it would be the Xbox 360, since that is what matches up with teh game already. But if that didn't work, I would be really p***ed.

I am tempted to buy a new controller, but I really don't want to do that when I have one that works on everything else. If I did buy one, it would be the Xbox 360, since that is what matches up with teh game already. But if that didn't work, I would be really p***ed.

The Logitech Dual Action works perfectly in this game and is about $20 at Wal-Mart.

Cheaper than the 360 controller at least.

Not a fix, but at least an option.

You might try experimenting with This. Maybe you can figure out a way to get it to map correctly. Make sure you read the instructions before configuring.

Also had a Logitech that was non responsive so I exchanged it for the xbox 360 and everything is fine now except for one thing. I cannot access my minor leagues and tweak their rosters. Game says to push B4 which is the x button but nothing happens. Controller is properly mapped and I have tried every other button to get into the minor leagues with no success. Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

If my question upsets you sdoyle7798 because it is in your thread then I apologize and will remove it immediately.

Just found this site two days ago and think it is great. Downloaded the roster update file and would like to thank the people responsible for putting in the hard work and time.

Nah, you're ok. Just think of this as an all purpose controller thread now, because there does not appear to be any rhyme or reason to the controller I have not working.

EDIT: Forgive me for this dumb question, but will I have to find an Xbox 360 controller for Windows, or will a regular controller work? If I am not mistaken, didn't they stop selling the "for Windows" model? Also, I have never seen the connection for a regular 360 controller, so I dunno if I would need an adapter, or if it is compatible with a PC as is.

I must be doing something wrong still because there is no way to access the minors. Like I said I have tried every single button and nothing takes me there. Do you have to be in Franchise mode? Is there two buttons you are supposed to be pushing at the same time? There must be someone else who had this problem and resolved it somehow.

• 4 weeks later...

BUMP!

Please Help!

I still cannot get into the minors with the xbox 360 controller. Checked the controller in Control panel and all buttons are responsive (even 9 and 10 button). I go into the game and every button works except these 2. The buttons are mapped properly within the game except for these two which cannot be mapped because in the controller set up menu there is no option in the action section on left side of menu to set them up for accessing minors. Someone must know of a solution to fix this.

• 2 weeks later...

I have a Logitech Dual Action and I can't get it to work with this game no matter what I do. I assigned the button 1 for set and button 2 for swing and nothing happens. When picking controllers there looks to be two per team, but I have only one controller plugged in, so I'm not sure about that one. It's very frustrating to see such a great looking game and not even be able to play it! Anyone find any fixes for this type of controller? Any help would be greatly appreciated...

Archived