Give Me Hitter's Eye With No Cursor

GeorgeAIII

I mean if EA has the patient on that hitting system. Someone please tell me. Out of all the baseball games that I've played. Since Bases Loaded on my Comador64 years ago. I have never played a baseball game with such lowsy hitting physics. A game, with the graphics like MLB 2k9 is only a few more complaints away from the scrap heap. All because 2ksports signature style stops once the actions starts. I mean doesn't the bat through the zone have a signature style? I think so. How about when you throw a pitch? Doesn't the ball have its on style of physics? I think so. Yes the motion captured graphics are good. But once the pitcher is through his motion and lets go of the ball. That's where the signature style stops. You can't identify hardly any of the pitches. And your the one pitching :huh: . Anyway, back to the "bat through the zone thing"(hitting). And to think they almost had it. All they had to do was tweak there HITTER's Eye. and it would have been a much better hitting sysem. So, if someone could relay this message to someone at 2K or anyone who could create a mod to fix this. Cause i dont see anyone being able to rewite the code for the hitting system. So if anyone could possibly change the cursor size to twice as big as the baseball. Give it a sweet spot. Enable the ablity to control the invislble hitters eye cursor throughout the entire pitch. Not just to guess location. And make it invisible. That would be wonderful. Thats all total control hitting is. So to promote signature style this and total control that. 2k has fallen way short in both. They missed the most important Signature of all, the Game itself. With pitching you dont nessarily need a cursor. The catchers glove has been used in previous baseball sims and worked nicely. Total control pitching is when you aim your catcher glove or invisible cursor for a pitch like a slider down the middle, it should down the middle. Unless you are fatigue or have a bad release. Other wise your slider should, in most cases be down the middle. With the occasional missed location. Not in this game. You must aim way inside to get your slider to go down the middle. This makes pitching not much fun, and a guessing game at times. Not being able to control your pitches is one thing. But watching pitches leave your pitchers hand that dont even look like the pitch you threw. Please. Sliders that look like curve balls. Curve balls that look like change ups. Please, again. The pitchers ball physics needs complete makeover.

EA is tha ****. In MVP you could see and identify every pitch. You could even pick up the rotation of the lases on the ball.

Sorry about that MVP slap, but people should not even be talking about MVP 05. Period. That shows how much this game sucks ***. ALL people want is for your game, which they and I have purchased. To be what it said it would be. A true baseball game. 2k has the graphics, which could be better, but I have not seen a dirty uniform in the game yet. But MVP is still a much more fun game to play.

Total control hitting is when your first able to identify the pitch. Through arm action, ball rotation or movement, or even sometimes by the wisp of the ball cutting the wind. I know cause I played. Next, you must determine were the ball is going to go through the zone. Which can be handled by the left anolog stick. Once you think you have a feel for where the ball will hit the zone, move the left stick or hitter's eye. Then swing. The invisible hitter's eye cursor and your ability to control it affects contact and power numbers. Pulling the pitch or going with the pitch should be determined by the swing button. An early swing results in pull. A late swing results in going with the pitch the other way. That's Baseball Sim Total Control Hitting For Dummies.

This forum is for requests that modders here can possibly address. What you are asking for is changes to the behavior of the game itself, which can only be addressed by 2K Sports. I don't know if they read the forums here at all. You'd be better off going to the 2K Sports forums and making your request. They do monitor those forums.

Archived