What Do The Graphics Options Do?

jackKC

Howdy

Ive got the game, and a fairly new laptop to play it on… but it’s a laptop all the same so I cant have everything on max when it comes to graphics.

I understand what the simplest graphics options are… things like resolution of course and obvious things like crowd details… the higher the setting the slower the performance…

But there are a handful of settings that I don’t what they do and am not even sure if it improves performance to have them on or off… like vertical sync? Is this good or bad?

If someone out there would be kind enough to explain the various graphics options (and maybe some insight on which are the most resource wasting in terms of game speed) that would be a huge help!

Thanks

as I recall V-Sync is for non LCD monitors (the big heavy ones :) ) so you can turn that off.

Shadows will eat resources as well, also sideline player models (or whatever its called in MLB 2K9) since you dont need to see the players in the dugout.

Other than that you will have to tinker with the options in your system, and see what wroks for you.

A standard rule of thumb would be turn everything to low or off. See how it runs, then start bringing up graphics detail bit by bit.

Archived