How Do Sliders Affect Classic Pitching?

jackKC

I use the classic pitching method… and having some success with it using sliders provided by the community. But I know most of them are designed for Total Control pitching with a gamepad.

How do the user slider settings affect Classic Mode pitching?

Ie: Pitch meter speed makes sense and seems to have an affect, but what about the hold and gesture sliders… I’m not making any gestures so should this be on 0% or what?

Could a Classic Mode pitcher with experience of messing with sliders offer some insight? Thanks

None of the sliders that are intended for gesture pitching would have an effect on classic pitching.

Pitch break influence is definately one that you should adjust. For classic pitching I would set it at 80, as someone has reported this is realistic. Any higher than 80 and your pitches break too much (with classic pitching) and/or would be harder for the AI to hit than should be.

A high composure slider would make your pitchers less effective when in a jam, which will help the AI put some runs together.

Really though the sliders are not going to do much for classic pitching, because the game is designed around the total pitching system. If there were a slider for "User Pitching Control" or "pitch effectiveness", that would be ideal for classic system using gamers, but there's not a slider like that.

Honestly, I would give total control pitching a shot. IMO, It's the best part of the game.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the advice thus far. I’m sticking with my keyboard for now – but might get a gamepad at some point. The truth is though that 95% of this game works great for me on the keyboard, so I’m sticking with it.

Im currently getting some good sliders going with Pitch Break Influence at 75. But I think I need someone to explain more about Hold Timing Influence.

I thought the higher the number, the tougher it is to get a pitch just right (the same with release timing) but I read someone say that the hold timing influence gets harder the LOWER it is. So maybe I need to re-evaluate.

Could someone try and explain what exactly the hold timing on classic mode pitching is and how lowering the slider affects it?

Many thanks.

Ps: Once I got my sliders finalized I will post them for the community – but keep in mind they will be for 2K sports beginners like me who use a keyboard and classic mode and are used to MVP. Hopefully there’s a niche market out there for them lol

Archived