Increasing Homeruns

louie31313

hi there.. i'm having problems hitting homeruns

i played 17 games so far in the franchise and i've only hit about 13homers..

do you think this number is realistic??

i'm not having problems with base hits because i'm 1st in the league in AVG so i get a lot of at-bats but i have few homeruns.. xtra base hits (2b-3b) numbers is pretty realistic

I've followed almost all i found in the sliders thread to increase the homerun totals but it's still not fixed

i have hitting sliders set at success35,contact75,power 95

and batting pitch influence is at 45, IE batting influence is 75

what slider do u think i must adjust to increase homerun totals..

and one more thing i'm not using left stick at ALL

all ur help is greatly appreciated

thanks.

it helps also to go into each players profiles and change thier power sliders, contact sliders etc,adjust them until ur happy with the results.as far as realistic it really depends on the players and teams that u use.Like if u have pujols and u only get 1 Hr out of every 30-40 at bats then yeah u need to adjust the sliders or even the other way if ur player is getting a home run every 5-6 at bats then the sliders need to move down,its just a matter of personal taste on how u like ur games to go.Bad part is if up the contact vs left or right handers sometimes u can get outrageous hits instead of power.Its hard to really adjust to get just a happy medium.

it helps also to go into each players profiles and change thier power sliders, contact sliders etc,adjust them until ur happy with the results.as far as realistic it really depends on the players and teams that u use.Like if u have pujols and u only get 1 Hr out of every 30-40 at bats then yeah u need to adjust the sliders or even the other way if ur player is getting a home run every 5-6 at bats then the sliders need to move down,its just a matter of personal taste on how u like ur games to go.Bad part is if up the contact vs left or right handers sometimes u can get outrageous hits instead of power.Its hard to really adjust to get just a happy medium.

thanks

what specific slider/s does increase homerun numbers? besides from power??

i'm using the yankees and just finished a month and i only have 14hr's so i'm 14th in the AL

i don't know if it is also about my timing.. how do u hit HR's? late or pulling the ball??

thanks

at the moment i cant access the game to see all the sliders due to the comp im using i cant play any kind of games etc.I do remember upping the sliders for power against leftys and rightys.It could be the way people uses their timing.Myself ive noticed my power seems to be better when im hitting for opposite field

I'm having the same problem. CPU has no problems hitting HR's. I can't hit off speed pitches either.

it also happens to me.. almost all of my hr's come from misplaced fastballs, there's only one i remember that came from a changeup up and away in the zone..but hanging curves/sliders, none.

at the moment i cant access the game to see all the sliders due to the comp im using i cant play any kind of games etc.I do remember upping the sliders for power against leftys and rightys.It could be the way people uses their timing.Myself ive noticed my power seems to be better when im hitting for opposite field

what does that exactly mean?? i have to edit every player? or other??myself i have about half of my hr's pulling the ball and the other half opposite field hr's.

yeah i use the left stick for direction and i usually will hit at least 1 homerun about every 2 -3 games.like real time i will have games that i can score 13-14 runs with 1 or 2 homeruns and next game i could have 3-2 score and no homeruns.Steals is where i excel at more than power.The last game i played before my comp went down i actually stole home and im still trying to figure how i managed that one *lol*

yeah i use the left stick for direction and i usually will hit at least 1 homerun about every 2 -3 games.like real time i will have games that i can score 13-14 runs with 1 or 2 homeruns and next game i could have 3-2 score and no homeruns.Steals is where i excel at more than power.The last game i played before my comp went down i actually stole home and im still trying to figure how i managed that one *lol*

so you only use the left stick left/right?? not up?

i have many 10+ run games with no homerun.. in basestealing i'm about average but what's weird is gardner gets caught more often than jeter. :D

wow stealing home is very difficult..

cool glad u got it solved

thanks also for your help man..i'm happy this problem was solved but by the time i'm now busy with school.. <_<

now the only problem with this game is the damn outfielder glitch (my 2k9 is patched)

by the way anyone has an idea to tone down this or completely remove it?

because at least for me it's the only thing that hinders 2k9 for being a decent game..

• 1 month later...

hey there 2k9 players..

just gonna ask is there anybody who hits in this game and is not using the Left Stick at all???

because i'm currently working on a slider set to have realistic AVG,HR totals ..while hitting without using the LS at all and just by pure timing...is there someone willing to try my sliders??and help work this out...

*currently i have no problems with xtra-basehits #'s(2b-3b's) because if i'm not mistaken it's pretty realistic..

any help will be much appreciated! :)

sorry for my bad english

and i'll post the sliders maybe on Thursday..when i go home..

I´m playing in All Start mode with the default slider of the game.....I don´t use the left stick at all to play more realistic, just pure timing on the swing.....in my case i hit to many homers, in about 10 games so far I got: Howard (3) Utley (5) Werth (5) Stairs (3) (Playing for Ibanez who is done for the season in the first game damn it).....just to name a few, so i have no problems hitting homeruns. so post your slider and i´ll give it a try

I´m playing in All Start mode with the default slider of the game.....I don´t use the left stick at all to play more realistic, just pure timing on the swing.....in my case i hit to many homers, in about 10 games so far I got: Howard (3) Utley (5) Werth (5) Stairs (3) (Playing for Ibanez who is done for the season in the first game damn it).....just to name a few, so i have no problems hitting homeruns. so post your slider and i´ll give it a try

WOW 16 HR's in 10 games..i've already experienced that, i get about 2-4 homers per game but the Batting Average is way too high.. and maybe your'e HR #'s are high also because you use the Phils.. who has a lot of power

i'll post the sliders when i go home tommorow,

thanks for the feedback! :)

here it is:

some here have 2 values which means alternatives

i don't own these sliders because i only compiled all the sliders I've seen in different forums..and again these sliders are designed for players who doesn't use the LEFT STICK at all in hitting

Pitcher Fatigue - 50

User Batting Options

Batter Success - 55/50

Batter Contact - 15

Batting Power - 95/100

Pitcher Handedness Inf. - 90

I.E. Batting Zone Inf - 75

Batting Pitch Inf - 70

Batting Eye Inf - 0

Hit Direction Inf* - 85 *there is a value but i don't use the left stick

Zone Hitting Inf. - 0

Bunt Contact - 40

Bunt Success - 35

Computer Batting Options

CPU Batter Success - 65

CPU Batter Contact - 55

CPU Batter Power - 85/90

CPU Pitch Handedness Inf. - 100

CPU I.E. Batter Zone Inf - 100

CPU Batting Pitch Inf - 75

CPU Bunt Contact - 40

CPU Bunt Success - 40

User Pitching

Pitch Meter Speed - 100

Pitch Speed - 75/80

Gesture Recognition - 100

Hold Timing Inf - 90

Release Timing Inf - 90

Pitcher Rating Inf - 100

Pitcher Break Inf - 55

Pitcher Composure Inf - 90

CPU Pitching

CPU Pitch Success - 50

CPU Pitch Selection - 50

CPU Strike Zone - 5

CPU Pitch Zone - 15

CPU Pitcher Composure - 95

Your'e feedbacks are always welcome(needed :))..

>>quick question - is there anyway to edit this' thread's title???..if there is how?..thanks!

Slidertest.zip

Ok Louie i´ll give it a try tonight and let you know the results of playing with your sliders...maybe the homerun production decrease a little bit...

I'll give your Slider a go too Louie. Do you have Batters Eye & Inside Edge on?

IE on/ purchased in Franchise

Total Control in Hitting

Batter's Eye is off

I have strikezone in batting only

Catcher Suggestion is Off

thanks for trying this sliders and can i ask for scores and average HR per game, if you would like? thanks so much

Played with the Twins at home to the Mariners, (C.Silva vs C.Pavano).

MARINERS 3 9 2 3 HR'S

TWINS 6 9 0 3 HR'S

I like your slider Louie, with a little tweaking they could be just the job. I think hitting long balls for both User & AI might be a bit too easy.

The main thing I would like to sort out is the AI finding it impossible to deal with breaking balls, especially 12-6 Curveballs, this for me is the main thing that spoils the game.

Played with the Twins at home to the Mariners, (C.Silva vs C.Pavano).

MARINERS 3 9 2 3 HR'S

TWINS 6 9 0 3 HR'S

I like your slider Louie, with a little tweaking they could be just the job. I think hitting long balls for both User & AI might be a bit too easy.

The main thing I would like to sort out is the AI finding it impossible to deal with breaking balls, especially 12-6 Curveballs, this for me is the main thing that spoils the game.

good numbers there man, maybe raising the Pitch speed will do well for you i have it in 75 because i have difficulty in recognizing breaking balls if i set it in 85++..i,myself, is not finding it easy to hit HR's with these sliders, i have about a HR per game and about 2 at the most,

i also have problems with 12-6 curve, all i can do is the AI to take the pitch, maybe the pitch break influence affects that..

Archived