Patch Download Troubles?

What will installing the default rosters do to my current dynasty? Am I going to have to reinstall the game just to get the patch to install? I downloaded the patch just fine, but when I tried to install it, it told me the .ini file is missing. I purchased and installed a legitimate version of the game. Why would my .ini file be missing?

What will installing the default rosters do to my current dynasty?

Nothing, your current dynasty will be fine. Any patches such as the lefty bug fix will be fixed in your dynasty as well. However, you won't lose any of your dynasty or anything like that.

Am I going to have to reinstall the game just to get the patch to install?

No, you shouldn't have to reinstall the whole game, probably just copy some of the original dat files over from the cd, that's all I had to do. When you get the error message move it out of the way and you'll see the specific file that is causing problems.

Why would my .ini file be missing?

Not sure which ini file you're talking about. I did a quick search of the EA/MVP directory and all subdirs and there are no .ini files in there.

Did you have a no-cd patch applied? If so you'll have to copy the original mvp2004.exe back before you can patch the game.

Also, I believe you have to install the first patch before you can install the second one, not sure about that one though.

Archived