mvp level problem

qwert

have recently switched from all star... now i may understand why people say all star level is the most enjoyable.

heard people say there may be a "late inning come back" script by CPUs written in the game in the MVP level. They maybe right. Particular in the 9th inning (anywhere beyond the 7th im sure is fine), whenever I try to intentionally throw a ball out of the zone, it almost always comes back into the zone, which makes it a very very hittable pitch. Doesnt matter what I do, or where you aim at, the circle always touches the strike zone, whether its a strike or a ball. Dont know if you guys have come across with a fix of this. If you guys know more about this, please post and let me know. THanks.

have reached switched from all star... now i may understand why people say all star level is the most enjoyable.

heard people say there may be a "late inning come back" script by CPUs written in the game in the MVP level. They maybe right. Particular in the 9th inning (anywhere beyond the 7th im sure is fine), whenever I try to intentionally throw a ball out of the zone, it almost always comes back into the zone, which makes it a very very hittable pitch. Doesnt matter what I do, or where you aim at, the circle always touches the strike zone, whether its a strike or a ball. Dont know if you guys have come across with a fix of this. If you guys know more about this, please post and let me know. THanks.

This is very true i have this happen to me a number of times throw the ball out of the zone and they will hit it and it also happens when i score they will score(CPU)

You know, it is really kind of amazing!

In the top of the 8th, up by 3 runs (4-1), I choose to pinch hit for my

pitcher with men on 1st and 2nd and 1 out. He has been doing a great

job but is obviously tired. I end up not producing and go into the bottom of the 8th with my pen. Well prepared and ready to go, with relievers having great stats (etc.), I proceed to get hammered for 4 runs no matter whether I throw out of the zone or in.

It is as though I should have brought in the pen in the bottom of the 7th or kiss it good-bye!!!

This has happened multiple times.

Frustrating and "PROGRAMED"!!!!

You know, it is really kind of amazing!

In the top of the 8th, up by 3 runs (4-1), I choose to pinch hit for my

pitcher with men on 1st and 2nd and 1 out. He has been doing a great

job but is obviously tired. I end up not producing and go into the bottom of the 8th with my pen. Well prepared and ready to go, with relievers having great stats (etc.), I proceed to get hammered for 4 runs no matter whether I throw out of the zone or in.

It is as though I should have brought in the pen in the bottom of the 7th or kiss it good-bye!!!

This has happened multiple times.

Frustrating and "PROGRAMED"!!!!

All i have to say to that is amen boy if that ain't the truth

Im interested in the slider settings, I usually play ALL-STAR Mode, but with the sliders significantly adjusted, and the game is pretty decent now in terms of realism, dropped balls, etc. happens now...finally. Dowloaded these settings a while ago. Any slider settings that can be recommended or work best in MVP or ALL-STAR level?

Just out of curiosity for this topic, I went back and

looked at the last 5 games I have played.

All but one of them involved a late (8th or 9th) inning

comeback by the cpu. I staved off defeat in only one

of these four.

Another interesting thing is that the cpu seems to have

this burst of "hit everything" only until it is ahead by one

run and then things go back to normal. 8O

Anyone else notice this one??

Thats a good idea qwert. Have you tried it?

I have also thout about just setting up the pen and

simming the last two innings to see if the same thing

happens.

So, no one has a comment on the slider settings. Well, I did some more research, and it seems to be the consensus to play the game in ALL-STAR mode, BUT you have to adjust the sliders. Here is "only" one very good possibility.

ALL-STAR: Gameplay Tuning

Pitch Speed: 0

user Pitch Fatigue: 4

CPU Pitch Fatigue: 5

User Batting Contact: -7

CPU Batting Contact: -7

User BAtting Power: 8

CPU Batting Power: 8

User Bunting Ability: 10

CPU Bunting: 10

User Outfielder Speed: -6

CPU Outfielder: -6

User Infield: -6

CPU Infield: -6

User BAserunning Speed: 0

CPU Basrunning: 0

User Throw Speed: -3

CPU Throw: -3

User Throw Accuracy: -14

CPU Throw Acc.: -14

User Runner Agression: 5

CPU Runner Aggress: 5

Runner Injury Freq.: 4

Pitcher Injury Freq.: 5

Batter Injury Freq.: 2

Fielder Injury Freq.: 4

CPU Steal Rate: 1

User Dive Difficulty: 9

User Catch Errors: 8

User Runner Steal Speed: 0

CPU Runner Steal Speed: 0

next 2 also set to "0"

Bullpen Fatigue Rate: -5

Bullpen Fatigue Grace: 0

I have played more than 25 games in the last 3 days myself, and have to say it's nearly PERFECT. It's so much more exciting now, closer plays, it's really incredible....Change these setting at will, but I'm telling you, they work awesome, since I have not even experienced a CPU comeback like mentioned on several occasions here. 8)

the comeback mode for me only happens on MVP level. For me, all star is a little too easy. I have user batting contact and power all at 0 and CPU 40 and 50 and they still dont hit enough. Its not like its a blowout every game. But usually it is if i can get to their starters early. I will try to adjust the pitch speed next.

Endeavor, may I ask what datafile u using? Because these slider settings mean nothing if they dont use the same datafile.

This "comeback" thing has taken me to breaking point. It is now ******* me up no matter what the score is. It could be 10-1, I could pitch the bst pitch of all time, and it will still go red and be fucked up. It is no longer possible for me to win a game.

And for those of you who are going to say "maybe your just crap ha ha ha", don't bother.

i've used various datafiles on MVP level and haven't really come across anything like this. i've used various slider settings with these datafiles as well and even the defaults and still i manage to win 20 in a row at times.

i wish the cpu would come back sometimes, definiately more often. i've listened to what people have said about all-star being more realistic and i can't say that i agree, mainly because i RARELY get a base on balls. that and the fact that i've pitched 2 perfect games within a week of one another.

guess i'm going back to rrod v.4 and mvp. hopefully the cpu can snap my 13 game win streak.

Archived