Worse Than 2K9

paceee

so you can control your fielders in 2k10?? how? in 2k9 i could, but on this one i have no control. Whats your secret?

2k9 sucked, i havent played that game more than a couple times before i realized it was nothing compared to the Show

Of course you can control your fielders in 2k10. I have to admit its a bit controlled by the cpu as well, meaning that with an infield grounder the 1st move is made by the cpu. Thats not so bad for me cause i suck at fielding. In the outfield its the other way around, you control the movement and when you get under the ball the cpu takes over. Minor things that i dont really mind (could be a big thing for other ppl though).

I have read lots of bad things about the game, cannon arms, unable to hit doubles/triples, pitching too easy. Well, the canon arms are there, but i dont get unrealistic outs with them. Some throwing animations just looks much faster then others, but i have not seen any situation where an impossible out was made because the players throw too fast. It may look weird but its definately balanced.

Outfielders dont seem to have the canon arms. I played my 1st franchise game yesterday as the diamondbacks, and hit 3 or 4 doubles and 1 triple. Tried extending another double into a triple, but got thrown out. The cpu outfielders act realistically, they field a ball and throw to the cut off man, giving you enough time to go for a tripe if your man is fast enough. No canon arms there.

I managed to throw out the cpu runner as well when he was trying to extend a double into a triple.

I do need some sliders, as i won the game 9-0. Dan Haren pitched a complete game, throwing about 85 pitches. The cpu does still swing at the 1st pitch a lot. They also dont swing a lot at strikes low in the zone. Struck out a couple looking. Worst thing sofar is that the cpu swings a LOT on bad pitches on a 3-0 count.

I hit 3 homeruns too, i'm really starting to get the hang of hitting with the stick and am loving it more and more.

What i also like is the batters eye, good players recognise more pitches then others, very cool. I also liked the fact that i was crushing the Padres starting pitcher, he got taken off in the fourth inning, and the relief pitcher had a nasty slider and a good fastball. Took me 2 innings to adjust to that, he struck out a lot of my guys.

Sofar i find this game amazing, and therefore dont agree with what you say.

I'm playing a few more games on the default pro level to see what results i'm getting. After that i may go up to the next level, or go for some sliders.

Some animations still look weird. When you hit a homerun everyone stays in the dugout, except when its the game winning one. Did see Pujols point his fingers in the air after a home run. There's still some move...stop...move animations there.

You wonder why 2k10 did not iron those things out, as they seem minor thing which give a better feel to the game.

Still, i think they managed to do a very good job. I have 09 the show on my ps3, but am loving 2k10 on the pc much much more.

I'm even thinking of getting it for my ps3.

Well done 2k!!

EDIT : 2 things that i find very strange is that there is no classic batting for the pc version (i love the stick, but the option should be there) and that there is no check swing. I'm really hoping that it can be patched soon

well i just dont really like the fielding on this one. Seems like assisted is on and i cant change it. I've been playing My Player mode, which is pretty cool. I just dont like using the right stick for everything. I just cant get used to hitting lol, i could hit ok in 2k9, but on this one my timing seems to always to be off. Hard to find the right camera view i guess.

quote name='elfdutch' date='15 March 2010 - 08:21 AM' timestamp='1268641317' post='596443']

Of course you can control your fielders in 2k10. I have to admit its a bit controlled by the cpu as well, meaning that with an infield grounder the 1st move is made by the cpu. Thats not so bad for me cause i suck at fielding. In the outfield its the other way around, you control the movement and when you get under the ball the cpu takes over. Minor things that i dont really mind (could be a big thing for other ppl though).

I have read lots of bad things about the game, cannon arms, unable to hit doubles/triples, pitching too easy. Well, the canon arms are there, but i dont get unrealistic outs with them. Some throwing animations just looks much faster then others, but i have not seen any situation where an impossible out was made because the players throw too fast. It may look weird but its definately balanced.

Outfielders dont seem to have the canon arms. I played my 1st franchise game yesterday as the diamondbacks, and hit 3 or 4 doubles and 1 triple. Tried extending another double into a triple, but got thrown out. The cpu outfielders act realistically, they field a ball and throw to the cut off man, giving you enough time to go for a tripe if your man is fast enough. No canon arms there.

I managed to throw out the cpu runner as well when he was trying to extend a double into a triple.

I do need some sliders, as i won the game 9-0. Dan Haren pitched a complete game, throwing about 85 pitches. The cpu does still swing at the 1st pitch a lot. They also dont swing a lot at strikes low in the zone. Struck out a couple looking. Worst thing sofar is that the cpu swings a LOT on bad pitches on a 3-0 count.

I hit 3 homeruns too, i'm really starting to get the hang of hitting with the stick and am loving it more and more.

What i also like is the batters eye, good players recognise more pitches then others, very cool. I also liked the fact that i was crushing the Padres starting pitcher, he got taken off in the fourth inning, and the relief pitcher had a nasty slider and a good fastball. Took me 2 innings to adjust to that, he struck out a lot of my guys.

Sofar i find this game amazing, and therefore dont agree with what you say.

I'm playing a few more games on the default pro level to see what results i'm getting. After that i may go up to the next level, or go for some sliders.

Some animations still look weird. When you hit a homerun everyone stays in the dugout, except when its the game winning one. Did see Pujols point his fingers in the air after a home run. There's still some move...stop...move animations there.

You wonder why 2k10 did not iron those things out, as they seem minor thing which give a better feel to the game.

Still, i think they managed to do a very good job. I have 09 the show on my ps3, but am loving 2k10 on the pc much much more.

I'm even thinking of getting it for my ps3.

Well done 2k!!

EDIT : 2 things that i find very strange is that there is no classic batting for the pc version (i love the stick, but the option should be there) and that there is no check swing. I'm really hoping that it can be patched soon

well i just dont really like the fielding on this one. Seems like assisted is on and i cant change it. I've been playing My Player mode, which is pretty cool. I just dont like using the right stick for everything. I just cant get used to hitting lol, i could hit ok in 2k9, but on this one my timing seems to always to be off. Hard to find the right camera view i guess.

completely agree.

wish i could save the right camera view so i dont have to change it every time...

also.. autosave won't turn off!

Archived