Worse Than 2K9

paceee

Ugh... horrible game (PC).

1. batter's view is messed up, i like the 2k9 camera better

2. in-game menu... does not exist... wtf.

3. xbox360 icons aren't in the game, so i don't know what A, B, C, D corresponds to

4. players' faces are horribly ugly and arcade-like

5. you have to HOLD your analog stick to the direction of the menu option you want... and if the mouse is on the screen, it'll never move to another option

6. can't move players to-from minor leagues in franchise mode

minor issue - commentators talk so much!

anyone else agree?

3. xbox360 icons aren't in the game, so i don't know what A, B, C, D corresponds to

5. you have to HOLD your analog stick to the direction of the menu option you want... and if the mouse is on the screen, it'll never move to another option

anyone else agree?

1) Works great for me.

2) What type of options? I seem to have everything I need in game...not sure exactly what you're referring to, I guess.

3) Yeah..this is annoying. But, I don't need it anymore as I figured it out.

4) Meh...they're good enough for me.

5) Not very intuitive, granted, but doesn't bother me now. Used to it.

6) Sure you can. I forget the exact process, but I did it with a few last night.

anyone else agree?

No I don't.

1. The view isn't that bad and I find I can read pitches a little better than last year now.

2. Yes it does. Move the right stick on your controller when you pause the game. It brings up the menu.

3. Which means they weren't able to get permission from Microsoft. Nothing major. Wait til a mod comes out to rectify it, which I don't doubt will happen.

4. I've noticed that some do get a little funky looking, but for the most part, I've found alot of the players' faces have improved and don't look as much like blank faced zombies or mentally deficient people.

5. That is hardly a factor that makes a game worse than the previous when there are other improvements that are vastly more important.

6. I haven't played franchise, but I'm pretty sure there would be a way to do it.

As for the minor issue, they do that for realism, think about when you watch a televised game, the commentators rarely shut up.

Are there issues that need to be fixed? Sure, but I don't think its worse than last year, and I believe there will be issues addressed either with patches or mods.

anyone else agree?

Nope!

I have 2k9 as well as 2k10. Only problem I have with this version versus 2k9 is the controller I use (X360)...Game doesn't always recognize controller buttons when searching menu issues.

However, figuring out much of this on my own.....Good game otherwise....Very little problem with gameplay.

Wow, really? Couldn't disagree more. The game is beautiful, I'm fine with the menus, and it plays better than 2K9 as far as I'm concerned. I'm really loving the pitching, it's much tighter than 2K9 was.

The button issue is slightly annoying, but it will very likely be fixed soon with an Xbox 360 controller button overlay download on this very site.

anyone else agree?

Nope, not at all.

My fellow board browsers have given good answers on all the other ones, so I will address number 6. For me, I have to go to call up/send down and keyboard number 4 to toggle through my major to minor league franchises. Kinda weird, but I remapped some of the keys so that is more than likely the issue.

As far as the commentators talking so much, one principle of TV/radio broadcasting is that dead-air is an evil not to be tolerated. probably just bringing that mindset to the game.

lol dang... only me then. but good responses... i guess i'll just get used to it.

btw, how do you remap the "4 on keyboard" to "press left analog"?

also, anyone find that pitches don't go directly where you put them? is that part of the game or... cuz they did back in MLB2k9. i'm not even talking about the breaking point thing, it just won't start breaking from where i want it to.

autosave won't turn off for my franchise either.

It's still there. There are 3 options each for Batting and Pitching (Batter, Batter 2, Batter 3 and Pitcher, Pitcher 2, and Pitcher 3). "Batter" and "Pitcher" are the old 2k9 views and are adjustable just as they were in the previous version.

btw, how do you remap the "4 on keyboard" to "press left analog"?

also, anyone find that pitches don't go directly where you put them? is that part of the game or... cuz they did back in MLB2k9. i'm not even talking about the breaking point thing, it just won't start breaking from where i want it to.

In answer to your first question, I don't know that you can mix them like that. You could try opening the binding and pressing the left analog to see if it works, but I'm doubtful.

From my experience, that's just part of the game. There may be a slider that affects it though since it seems more pronounced now that I'm using Pro difficulty.

anyone else agree?

You gotta be kidding me!! This year's game is 100 times better than last year. Everything you listed works, you just have to be patient and figure things out. This game isn't nearly as buggy as last years.

Worse then 2k9? haha the only thing worse then 2k9 is the price its 10 Dollars more :o

Other then that it beats the pants off 2k9 in every possible fashion. Does it still suck at some things? yes, the My Player mode is horridly boring and the Simulation stats still blow, but this game is more then serviceable its fun, unlike in 2k9 havn't once felt the urge to break **** like i did every time i played 2k9.

The Pitcher/Hitter part of the game is actually really good, you can actually foul off pitches, work the count, and bring up the pitch count, i don't think any baseball game has realistically brought that dimension of Baseball into a game successfully until now. Sure the fielding seems a little odd ( still cant figure out how to dive? ant tips?) and the My Player mode makes me want to gouge my eyes out, but for the most part this game kinda rocks.

This is my first time playing a 2k baseball game and its pretty fun but def. not on MVP's level. The pitching is unique and I'm slowly getting the hang of it except for 2 seam fastballs. I suck at hitting I just have to work the count more. The defense seems automatic for me, I haven't looked into manual defense yet (if it exists) and I don't like that the right analog stick throws it to the different bases, I'm used to it diving/jumping from MVP. The graphics and presentation are beautiful and I can't help but wonder how MVP 2010 would have turned out, oh well.

I'm liking 2k10 (PC) much much better than 2k9.

With strike zone off, it makes it more realistic and challenging. I'm getting 4-2, 3-2 types of games in pro mode. K'ing 6-9 cpu players.

A good feature imo is the player finder and trade finder.

The only thing that bugs me right now are all the made up players.

Pretty solid game. :good:

Does anybody agree that, again, the batting sound is awful this year? last year we had that loud smack, like you were hitting the ball with a bamboo stick. We all complained and then this year they go the opposite way and it sounds like you're hitting the ball with a straw, with that little wimpy noise, at least in my computer, I am not sure if it's just a matter of turning up the volume.

Is it really that hard to record a few batting sounds and putting them into the game? you would think not, but apparently it is.

This game is so much better than 2K9. If they can fix many of the known issues, probably better than MVP05.

To the question of remapping the 4 and 5 keys to a gamepad, you can't do it on the PC. For whatever reason the controller mapping just doesn't have slots for those actions (which are referred to as LC and RC), at least I don't see them on my setup with a Logitech Rumblepad.

yo can click the left analog on the 360 pad to got to the minors(from trade screen, or call up/send down),

took me a lil bit to figure out, but u have got to be crazy, this game is the 1st decent baseball gam i've played since mvp 05

(i dont have a ps3 so never played the show, before anyone bites my head off).

you can access your minor leagues by pressing down on the left stick like its a button or use the #4 on the keyboard

yo can click the left analog on the 360 pad to got to the minors(from trade screen, or call up/send down),

took me a lil bit to figure out, but u have got to be crazy, this game is the 1st decent baseball gam i've played since mvp 05

(i dont have a ps3 so never played the show, before anyone bites my head off).

it's not true!111 i know thats how it was in 2k9, but it's not like that in 2k10. however, outside of franchise mode, it works... i'm so confused.

anyone else agree?

1) I like the new ones

2) in-game menu is still in the game

3) fixed

4) editor on the way (http://www.moddingway.com/news/1223.html)

5) same as NBA 2k10

6) why not, I can

7) they never shut up, it is cool for a couple games after that they just keep repeating themselves

lol played my first game already saw so many bugs. Fielding sucks, you cant seem to control anybody. Ball hit down the left field line and the left fielder just holds onto it and its a homer for the other team. Every time a guy scored it showed him running over the dugout. The faces look terrible. How do you get 360 icons?? i hate the menu like in nba, so terrible.

lol played my first game already saw so many bugs. Fielding sucks, you cant seem to control anybody. Ball hit down the left field line and the left fielder just holds onto it and its a homer for the other team. Every time a guy scored it showed him running over the dugout. The faces look terrible. How do you get 360 icons?? i hate the menu like in nba, so terrible.

You must be playing 2k9....lol!! Because 2k10 is awesome compared to last years.

Archived