Chump'S Portraits Mod

chump

yeah i agree portraits should have been one of the last things they should have done before releasing the game.I can understand trades and releases before they released it but there are quite a few guys that have portraits from a couple seasons ago delwyn young of the pirates for example still has a dodgers portrait

jhtapp76, I'm not able to get portrait.iff to load properly so I can't check it myself. It looks like you need to make a new alpha channel. The alpha channel masks the background. It lets the face show and blocks the rest. I'm new to 2KSports editing so I may be wrong but I have been editing NBA Live and MVP05 games and Vlad's photo looks like the alpha channel is off. The light blue line and dots to his right indicate this.

This is weird, man. I've followed those steps verbatim and the portrait looks good in mod tool and in the roster menus before I start a game. By in-game, the new portrait appears to be super-imposed over the old one (like when the graphic pops up showing the batting order and batter info bar when he approaches the plate). Also, when I go to the substitution menu, it's the totally old portrait! It's almost like the smaller the portrait gets displayed, the more the old portrait bleeds through. What the...?

4455421753_c6d5572ec6_o.jpg

Good news!I finally figured out what was causing this. For those of you who might be using the Paint.Net program to edit portraits, uniforms, and such, be sure to check the box labeled "Generate Mip Maps" when saving your edited DDS files. It's under the "Additional Options" section.

Now that I've gotten around that, I can focus on pefecting my editing techniques. :)

Archived