Chump'S Portraits Mod

chump

I am doing updated portraits for all players. I did a quick one of Brandon League.

First year modding for me

leaguem.jpg

Holy!..wow how'd you manage to update the portrait? A tutorial would be nice or some sort because this is a very time-consuming project. Last year, I did MLB 2K9 Portraits but with TexMod and it took weeks to finish. So good luck with this but this is a very good sign...unless its from TexMod. But thank you!

Edit: And don't you need a site to get the actual player portraits?

Holy!..wow how'd you manage to update the portrait? A tutorial would be nice or some sort because this is a very time-consuming project. Last year, I did MLB 2K9 Portraits but with TexMod and it took weeks to finish. So good luck with this but this is a very good sign...unless its from TexMod. But thank you!

Edit: And don't you need a site to get the actual player portraits?

I didn't use Texmod, I used Nba2k10ModTool

Wow wth. I tried the tool, it says i had to decompress it or something like that. I did that, it didn't work. I go to play the game and all the portraits are messed up and I can't play the game......wow. Any way someone can upload the portrait file? I know it's against the rules but anyway possible?

Edit: Nvm.

This is gr8 news!!

I'll finally have my Halladay portrait :)

Did you get League's portrait of mlb.com?

Correct

This is what I get, when I load a ranodm player head with that program:

Are you trying to edit the portraits?

this tool asks if I want to decompress the portraits.iff file

I say yes

the the portraits.iff files shrinks from 270k to 70k

do we think that 200k of info is important?

The structure of the uncompressed portrait.iff looks identical to the first part of the original portrait.iff. Maybe the rest of the original portrait.iff is needed to decompress portrait.cdf. Also the last 100k of the original is text.

• 2 weeks later...

Can you describe how you are doing this? Do your new portraits look good during the gameplay?

I imported a new RES for Vlad Guerro using the NBA2K10ModTool and it worked great for the portrait that's displayed in the roster management menus. However, in game the portrait looks messed up when the starting lineup graphic displays and when the batter info graphic comes up. It alomost looks like the new portrait is being displayed over the old one?!?

Is there more than one place I need to import the DDS to? Thanks for any guidance you can provide.

this is how ive been doing it, save the portrait as a bmp or jpeg in ur paint program.Then place the new portrait that u want to use over the old one,this keeps me from having wrong dimension error messages or any other error messages.Then use the eraser tool to go around the Players portrait so that u can see the transparent background behind the player.Once ur done save it as a dds and import the new dds on the modtool of the guy ur replacing.

If u did it right ,on the mod tool u should see the players new portrait on an all blue background just like the original,shouldnt be any colored background at all I dont know if theres other methods out there but this has done ok for me hope this helps

this is how ive been doing it, save the portrait as a bmp or jpeg in ur paint program.Then place the new portrait that u want to use over the old one,this keeps me from having wrong dimension error messages or any other error messages.Then use the eraser tool to go around the Players portrait so that u can see the transparent background behind the player.Once ur done save it as a dds and import the new dds on the modtool of the guy ur replacing.

If u did it right ,on the mod tool u should see the players new portrait on an all blue background just like the original,shouldnt be any colored background at all I dont know if theres other methods out there but this has done ok for me hope this helps

This is weird, man. I've followed those steps verbatim and the portrait looks good in mod tool and in the roster menus before I start a game. By in-game, the new portrait appears to be super-imposed over the old one (like when the graphic pops up showing the batting order and batter info bar when he approaches the plate). Also, when I go to the substitution menu, it's the totally old portrait! It's almost like the smaller the portrait gets displayed, the more the old portrait bleeds through. What the...?

4455421753_c6d5572ec6_o.jpg

Archived