Exporting Roster

osfan5891

As soon as I got this game one of the first things I did was change all fake players in minor league system to real players. As one can imagine this took a bit of time. Then I investigated the My Player mode using those rosters.

Doing some more searching I checked out the MLB Today feature, which I think really is a fantastic feature. When it told me I needed to use and download the MLB today roster, I assumed it would make another roster file.

I have now found out that it overwrote the roster I worked so hard on. All my minor league work is gone. However, my edited roster is still in tact in the save file in my MP mode. I was wondering if someone has tools where I can manually export that roster from the MP mode so I can use it as a roster file outside. I know it's a stretch, but I've had sports games before where you could export teams or rosters from a game mode as a feature.

Thanks in advance.

I haven't tested this extensively. It can create a roster.iff file (default roster) from .ros , .fxg , and .cmg files.

http://tywiggins.mlbmods.com/downloads/extractMLB2K10roster.exe

Rename the roster.iff in your MLB2K10 install folder. And then put the roster.iff that my program created into the MLB2K10 install folder.

In the game, choose "Reset roster", and this will load the roster.iff file.

Note: injuries, stats, and maybe some other things may be a problem.

• 2 months later...

Has anyone attempted to put a roster update into the game with Windows 7? The game runs fine on 7, but the path to getting an updated roster into the game is different. Anyone succeed at this or have any ideas?

It's in your AppData folder. It'll be something like C:\Users\[your user name]\AppData\Local\2K Sports\MLB 2K10\.

If it's not, try Roaming instead of Local. Can't remember off the top of my head.

It's in your AppData folder. It'll be something like C:\Users\[your user name]\AppData\Local\2K Sports\MLB 2K10\.

If it's not, try Roaming instead of Local. Can't remember off the top of my head.

Mark, I'm going to start putting this in my sig as well. ;)

C:\Users\Username\AppData\Roaming\2K Sports\Major League Baseball 2K10\Saves

Archived