Anyone Else Having Audio Issues?

MarkB

This has been happening since I installed the game, but I've mostly been on My Player, so haven't bothered with it much, although I only rarely hear the after-game comments from the My Player mentor, indicating it's occurring in My Player as well. I just tried to play an exhibition game to test out the new Yankee Stadium, and got absolutely no commentary at all in the first half inning, not even the pre-game introductions or lineup comments.

The presentation is set to TV Broadcast, with the commentary at 75% volume. Obviously, even set to 100% doesn't make a difference. It's not a volume issue - it just seems that, for some reason, the audio for the commentators is only playing very sporadically.

Using 64-bit XP Pro SP2 on a Gigabyte GA-MA78G motherboard, 4GB of RAM, AMD Athlon 64 X2 4200+ CPU, Radeon HD4670 video card, onboard ALC889A Realtek audio chip and DirectX9. All drivers, audio included, are up to date. I'd be very surprised if it's a hardware issue.

Anyone else having any similar issues? Video below to show various trigger events that normally cause at least some commentary to be played. (Apologies for the slightly crappy video quality, for some reason my XViD encoder isn't being listed in VirtualDub.)

Well, I've checked every setting I can see, and it's still the same. If I was playing exhibition games more often, I'd be quite annoyed and would try a reinstall, at least, but as I'm spending most of my time in My Player, it's not a huge issue, even though it's still evident. Would still love to get it fixed, though.

Occasionally I have issues with the playlist music. Its hard to describe, but it almost sounds like the music skips a beat and words are jumbled up for split seconds at a time. I guess you could best describe it like when you hear songs on the radio that that have been fcc edited/censored/hacked to death so our virgin ears can't hear it...lol.

Yeah, I've heard that too. One of the many methods of audio "censorship" is to run the record backwards for the duration of the God-forsaken term which we are deemed too immature to hear, so I assume that would also be possible with any decent audio mixer software.

I haven't double-checked the lyrics yet, but, possibly the stupidest thing I've seen (or heard) in 2K10 so far is the fact that about 6 lines in a row from Rapper's Delight are censored, and, from what I remember of the lyrics, there's absolutely nothing even remotely controversial, offensive or degrading in those lines. At least partially understandably, the "if your girl starts acting up, then you take her friend" line is censored, but there's another chunk that's just silent.

Archived