Mike Z'S Mlb 2K10 Slider Config

Mike Z

All sliders that are not listed below are set to 50. Gimme some feedback on 'em. I appreciate it.

BATTING

User Settings

Batting Contact - 35

Batting Power - 100

CPU Settings

Batting Contact - 35

Batting Power - 100

PITCHING

User Settings

Your preference ( I usually simulate through the pitching. )

CPU Settings

AI Pitch Success - 35

AI Strike Zone Tendency - 45

FIELDING

User Settings

Throw Meter Influence - Your preference

Fielder Speed - 25

CPU Settings

AI Fielder Speed - 25

RUNNING

User Settings

Base Runner Speed - 40

CPU Settings

AI Base Running Aggression - 0 ( They're still to aggressive. )

AI Steal Aggression - 0

I thought I'd try your sudjestions Mike. I have to say I was a bit sceptical about the 100 batting power, but it seemed to work good.

The fielder speed at 25 gives a more realistic game and makes making a triple possible (I achieved this).

I left all the base running figures at 50, I personally think its about right.

I had pitch meter speed at 75, pitch speed at 60, break influence at 75 and composure influence at 50. I did find pitching against the AI a little easy, so perhaps I'll try the meter speed at 100 next time or perhaps higher the AI's batting contact some.

Your settings are certainly interesting Mike, the 100 batting power is very good because it makes you a little more wary about pitching strikes. And the 25 fielder speed is good too.

Perhaps highering batting contact for user and AI and making the pitch speed faster could be a good idea, It seems not right that a batter can have a very early swing against a 95 mph fastball.

I thought I'd try your sudjestions Mike. I have to say I was a bit sceptical about the 100 batting power, but it seemed to work good.

The fielder speed at 25 gives a more realistic game and makes making a triple possible (I achieved this).

I left all the base running figures at 50, I personally think its about right.

I had pitch meter speed at 75, pitch speed at 60, break influence at 75 and composure influence at 50. I did find pitching against the AI a little easy, so perhaps I'll try the meter speed at 100 next time or perhaps higher the AI's batting contact some.

Your settings are certainly interesting Mike, the 100 batting power is very good because it makes you a little more wary about pitching strikes. And the 25 fielder speed is good too.

Perhaps highering batting contact for user and AI and making the pitch speed faster could be a good idea, It seems not right that a batter can have a very early swing against a 95 mph fastball.

I appreciate the detailed feedback.. I'll look into the pitch speed. My slider set is mostly focused on the batting aspect of the game, so the goal was more foul balls, big variety of hits, realistic box scores, etc. I'm gonna play with the pitch speed now.. Thanks again for the feedback.

I played about 3 innings with your sliders and was a little suprised at the numbers I was putting up. I was playing the Rays vs Twins (which by the numbers is a pretty even matchup). I was playing #1 starters (Nick Blackburn and James Shields). I think both teams had 5 hits apiece by the end of the 2nd inning and I had 2 HR (1 with Pena and 1 with Burrell). Although these are some of the most likely players to hit a home run, I was sensing that things were getting out of hand (it seemed like it was a hit fest). I am going to need to try and play a complete game with these sliders to see how things play out.

Incidentally, I played the Rays vs Mariners (another close matchup on paper) on All-Star level and ended up getting what I consider a very realistic box score. Rays ... 2 runs, 5 hits, 0 errors. Mariners ... 1 run, 6 hits, 1 error. Yes, I couldn't believe it! Milton Bradley actually dropped a routine fly ball in left field. After all the talk of limited errors in the game, I was actually surprised to see one.

I think sliders are always a very personal thing. Each person's satisfcation with a slider set is highly dependent upon your skill level with the game as well as your hand eye coordination (and potentially hardware specs for the PC game when you consider frame rate etc). I appreciate you taking the time to post these for all to use and I hope they help people tweak the sliders for their individual needs.

I played about 3 innings with your sliders and was a little suprised at the numbers I was putting up. I was playing the Rays vs Twins (which by the numbers is a pretty even matchup). I was playing #1 starters (Nick Blackburn and James Shields). I think both teams had 5 hits apiece by the end of the 2nd inning and I had 2 HR (1 with Pena and 1 with Burrell). Although these are some of the most likely players to hit a home run, I was sensing that things were getting out of hand (it seemed like it was a hit fest). I am going to need to try and play a complete game with these sliders to see how things play out.

Incidentally, I played the Rays vs Mariners (another close matchup on paper) on All-Star level and ended up getting what I consider a very realistic box score. Rays ... 2 runs, 5 hits, 0 errors. Mariners ... 1 run, 6 hits, 1 error. Yes, I couldn't believe it! Milton Bradley actually dropped a routine fly ball in left field. After all the talk of limited errors in the game, I was actually surprised to see one.

I think sliders are always a very personal thing. Each person's satisfcation with a slider set is highly dependent upon your skill level with the game as well as your hand eye coordination (and potentially hardware specs for the PC game when you consider frame rate etc). I appreciate you taking the time to post these for all to use and I hope they help people tweak the sliders for their individual needs.

You're right. Those sliders are actually better for CPU for CPU. That was my mistake, people. I was testing them with CPU vs CPU games, which is nothing like a human playing the CPU.

I'm workin' on a set for human vs CPU.

All sliders that are not listed below are set to 50.

BATTING

User Settings

Batting Contact - 10 ( Consider this your offense difficulty level adjustment. 20 would be Rookie, 15 would be Pro, 10 would be All Star, and 5 would be Hall of Fame. )

Batting Power - 100 ( I may lower this a bit after extensive testing )

CPU Settings

Batting Contact - 50 ( Use this slider to adjust the AI's offense. )

Batting Power - 100 ( I may lower this a bit after extensive testing )

PITCHING

User Settings

Your preference ( I usually simulate through the pitching. )

CPU Settings

AI Pitch Success - 40

AI Strike Zone Tendency - 45

FIELDING

User Settings

Throw Meter Influence - Your preference

Fielder Speed - 25

CPU Settings

AI Fielder Speed - 25

RUNNING

User Settings

Base Runner Speed - 25 ( experimental )

This isn't a big deal, but one of the things I noticed is that the trading card collection automatically becomes inactive when you switch to Custom sliders (even if those Custom sliders are more difficult that All-Star or Legend). Like I said, not a big deal ... more of an annoyance. Maybe this will be fixed with the patch, but it's not going to affect my overall enjoyment level of the game. I must say that this game is really beginning to grow on me :good:

This isn't a big deal, but one of the things I noticed is that the trading card collection automatically becomes inactive when you switch to Custom sliders (even if those Custom sliders are more difficult that All-Star or Legend). Like I said, not a big deal ... more of an annoyance. Maybe this will be fixed with the patch, but it's not going to affect my overall enjoyment level of the game. I must say that this game is really beginning to grow on me

QUOTE BY DaveCenker.

DaveCenker, If you alter one of the sliders and it matches one of the other default settings the trading cards are still active.

For example, if you start with 'PRO' settings and say move your 'Batting Contact' down to 30 (this is the 'ALL STAR' setting) it does not stop you gaining the cards.

It has to be a 'PRO', 'ALL STAR' or 'LEGEND' default setting though.

Archived