No Picture Just Sound...

timay

Game loads up fine, I can see all the menus, choose any game mode I want. I can see load screen, then when it's done loading all I see is black but there is sound, When I hit pause the menu comes up and I can see all that, but the field or whatever is black behind it. Another weird thing is I can see the player names when they are announced and the strikezone box, but nothing else.

My computer specs are as follows:

AMD 4200 2.2 Dual core

2 gigs of ram

geforce 7950 gt 512 mb graphics

soundblaster sound card

Everything is update. Any thoughts?

I am using DirectX 9C the February 2010 update.

I am NOT using driver version 197.13, I believe it is 167.something...I don't think that the driver update 197.13 would help anything either, I believe that version only updates something with the newer Geforce cards.

I guess I will try rolling back drivers and see what happens. Thanks for the prompt response.

Everything is update. Any thoughts?

I am NOT using driver version 197.13, I believe it is 167.something...I don't think that the driver update 197.13 would help anything either, I believe that version only updates something with the newer Geforce cards.

Well, version 197.13 is the latest, and hence, the most updated driver version from Nvidia. I've always used ATI, so I don't know what Nvidia are doing these days, but it's far from unknown for companies to update things in drivers or applications and not put them in the release notes for any number of reasons, whether they be a very minor update, a bug fix, performance increase, anything. Knowing Nvidia's less than stellar ethical history, I wouldn't be at all surprised if this was the case.

Archived