My Player No Hitter?

packersfan

I was pitching a no-hitter through 7.1 innings against the Houston Astros...I had about maybe 70 pitches thrown, and my manager pulled me!!! NO HITTER!!! CRUISING!!! He leaves me in when I have nothing for 9 innings to giving up 15 hits...but a no-hitter against Roy Oswalt...1-0 game in the 7th and just pulls me. What is wrong with 2kSports!!! FIX THE AI MANAGER!!!! SUCH A LET DOWN. I was pitching a GEM...would have been a perfect game chance if I hadn't walked the first batter of the game! What a dick move. The way my Brewers team pitches in relief I was lucky to get a 2-0 win after my brilliant effort!

I hope so. I sent an e-mail to Ron with a rather large list of them, which he said he had passed on to the devs, so I'm hopeful that most, if not all, of the correctable ones should be fixed for the first patch.

Yeah, hopefully...especially this major MyPlayer corruption I've been hearing happens following your second season and the mysterious real minor league players who get called up to play in the majors all turning white and bald. The patch will be major for this game in terms of it's lasting until the next installment.

Yeah, hopefully...especially this major MyPlayer corruption I've been hearing happens following your second season and the mysterious real minor league players who get called up to play in the majors all turning white and bald. The patch will be major for this game in terms of it's lasting until the next installment.

Just make sure you keep backups, a lot of them.

I feel your pain though. I was pulled in the 6th inning of one of my first My Players (corrupted, so gone now), the score was 0-0 and I had about 75 pitches.

I sent a feature request to Ronnie to put some type of control in the game to where the pitcher can influence whether they be taken out. In other words, they can ask to be taken out, but it is not guaranteed, still some computation involved. Supposedly the developers liked the idea and they are going to see if they can implement it (he didn't say which game, so probably 2K11).

Yeah, definitely need more control over pitcher staying in or not...Like the manager won't pull me when I'm at 100 pitches and getting rocked and the game is tight, but he'll pull me when I'm rolling with a no-hitter! The Manager AI needs to be fixed...the CPU also keeps their pitchers in far too long and relievers in for at bats and all that junk. This is basic stuff that EA Sports did very well with in MVP 2005...I don't remember so many fundamental things like this being buggy in that.

Archived