Anyone Have Mlb.Tv?

fush12

I thought about getting it cuz I'm a huge baseball fan! Is there anyone that has it? If so do you like it? Pros and cons??

A buddy of mine wanted to get it too but is there any way we can split the price and then both use it? Thanks!

I thought about getting it cuz I'm a huge baseball fan! Is there anyone that has it? If so do you like it? Pros and cons??

A buddy of mine wanted to get it too but is there any way we can split the price and then both use it? Thanks!

i got 3 words for you: Don't buy it.

really, they promise a lot, but you should be happy if it works half the time; the support is crap and the Rewind function didn't work properly last year.

last year, they had the same annoying commercials between innings, and when watching archived games, you couldn't fast forward to next inning when those commercials started.

support always tells you the same thing, even if it's obvious they are totally wrong.

i wouldn't recommend it if you want to share; it's impossible to be logged in at the same time from 2 different IP addresses. you can however log in from 1 IP address and use mlb.com at bat (iphone app) beside it.

It is certainly not perfect - you should definitely understand that. I have had it for the past 2 seasons, this being my third. As an out-of-market fan (St. Louis, currently living in AZ), it's been a great way for me to keep up with the games. As the other poster says, you will likely run into some technical issues, especially early in the season. They promise that game archives will be up within 90 minutes of each game's end, which has been the biggest "exaggeration" on their part. But, so far this spring, they've pretty well stuck with that - or even better.

Their media player is dramatically improved from what it started out as. Their commercial selection is MUCH better now, at least in Spring Training. You wouldn't think that makes a difference, but as the other poster said, seeing the same commercial every commercial break is REALLY obnoxious.

Overall, I'm happy with MLB.TV on most days. I think you do have to take everything they say they offer with a grain of salt; for instance, they say that they're going to offer Slow-Motion capabilities on the archived games this year - and I'm pretty skeptical of that. But, since my primary purpose is to watch archived games (most games happen during my workday, and I'm a teacher), it's been a great service.

Oh yeah, and forget about splitting it with a friend. Can't log in simultaneously from 2 IPs. I think they're offering an option to pay monthly, so you could always try it for a month. If you hate it, you're only out $20 instead of the full $100.

My opinion - give it a shot! Nothing is going to tell you more than trying it yourself.

PS - if you own an iPod Touch / iPhone / iPad, theoretically they have an app that will let you watch MLB.TV on it. Just sayin'. :)

I tried it like 6 years ago, and it kinda sucked. I imagine things have gotten a lot better in that time frame. Luckily for me, I live in the market of both the Cubs, and the Reds (as well as Tigers and W Sox), so I get to watch both of my teams games on TV.

The only reason I tried it was because of my work hours interfering with my baseball time. Figured I could watch archived games. I had more issues with that then I had with live games.

Like I said, I am sure things have changed in the past 6 years, so my input doesn't mean as much as some of the others, but I thought I would throw it out there for ya as well.

Hey, just a word of advice, if your going to try it for a month you have to make sure you call and cancel because they automatically renew you even if you marked not to when you set it up. They hit me for 1 month more than I wanted and they don't cancel in the middle of the month. I would have to say that I thought that it worked very well and my internet is not the fastest.

Hey, just a word of advice, if your going to try it for a month you have to make sure you call and cancel because they automatically renew you even if you marked not to when you set it up. They hit me for 1 month more than I wanted and they don't cancel in the middle of the month. .

That's one thing I forgot about. I had trouble getting them to cancel it, and not renew it. When I signed up for the radio one, I just checked to not renew it, and they didn't, so I am not sure there.

Archived