Pittsburgh Pirates Uniforms

Zee

first u need a paint program such as adobe photoshop,paint.net,or gimp and u will need the mlb/nba mod tool to be able to export and import the graphics

and u can let me know when u have those and ill try and help the best i can

u can if u want ,i cant really help u on the thingy because i can never get it to work , the modtool can actually ad portraits as well.

as long as u have the modtool and a paint program we can get u started on modding.Although i use paint.net and photoshop Id advise having paint.net for sure,I use it for most of the modding and plus it opens the jersey lettering for the players names where photoshop doesnt and it shows the tranparent sequences better.Photoshop i prefer to use it to do the jersey itself.

here is a list of programs i use or some cases ive had to use

paint.net

adobe photoshop and adobe illustrator

modtool

cyberface converter(from moddingways)i have run into cases where when ive made changes to the jersey lettering that it messed up the green screens for the lettering when trying to import back on the modtool and this program seems to be the best fix for it

k i got all of them. i dont know how to work the nba2k10 tool cant find install exe.

It is a jar file. You need java installed. See my post in the following thread: http://www.mvpmods.com/index.php?showtopic=45871&pid=600466&st=0&#entry600466

*Once you have java installed, just double-click and the program will launch.

well first off here are a couple sites that maybe very useful to getting ideas on unis

http://exhibits.baseballhalloffame.org/dressed_to_the_nines/database.htm

http://www.sportslogos.net/

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com/toc/mlb/baseballmain.html

also u can do google searches to look for actual game worn jerseys.Older uniforms are sometimes hard to get good photos of so it makes it almost impossible to get 100% correct on unis

Everyone probally has thier own way of doing things but before u even start modding,the very first thing i would do is make a folder in the main 2k10 folder named originals and save a copy of all unis into this folder ,in case u run into any mistakes or problems.

Now go into ur nbamodtool folder and id create a Temp folder in here as well for the original graphics that u will be exporting with the mod tool.(this i use just as a temp folder for the current uni im working on.Once im finished modding a uni and it runs with no problems then i delete the files in this folder)

Go to the main 2k10 folder and copy whatever uni that u wanna mod,lets say u wanna do the dodgers away uni.Copy and paste the file uniform_lad_away.iff into ur modtool folder.And make a copy as well for the temp folder u created in here.

Now double click the modtool.exe.Once the window pops up go to the open tab and open the dodgers away file.Click yes to decompress the file.Now over in the left part of the box u will see something like this

{0=115952882}

{1=123893350}

{2=174794543}

{3=270153674}

{4=315764194}

Left click on the 0 and u should see sequence # for the lettering for the back of the uniform.

Now there are 2 places that say export.U want to use the one that looks like a button thats beside a place called subfile.

Left click the export button and a box opens up,name the file 00.Make sure its being saved as a DDS.

Now u should see a file called 00 in the modtool folder.Again save each sequence that u export and make a copy into ur temp folder.The sequence #0 can only be opened using paint.net

Lets do an easy sequence first so that u can get started

Export seq#8.It should be a black screen with red and green lettering and lines.

now open up paint.net and drag and drop the seq#8 onto paint.net and choose open and u should now have it on ur paint.net

click on tool and choose the color picker.Once chosen click anywhere on the black so that u can use the color black.

Once black is chosen go to tool and choose the paintbrush.U should see a area for brush width.We will use number 15 just so u can see what its like.

now just paint over the Red los angeles lettering and make it all black.(u do this if u are replacing the lettering with different lettering so that at nite the los angeles wont bleed thru the new lettering)Be more careful when ur around the buttons as not to erase those.

And if ur planning on not having the LA shoulder patch and the other patch as well blacken those also.

ok once ur done with those we are gonna create 2 new files.Normally u wont have to do this but i want u to see the differences(normally u will just want to replace this file instead of creating 2 files)

go to file and save as 08 test 1.Make sure ur saving as a dds ,click save and a window will open up.

U will see file format,save this as a DXT5 and click ok now make a 2nd file and save it as again but name it as 08 test 2 and save it as a DXT1

now go to the mod tool and make sure u are seeing the seq #8 in the window and click on import.I want u to choose the test 1 first.

This should show an error saying its not the same resource.Just cancel this out and try and import the test 2 and u should get a success message.

U should now see the work u had just done.So now u know when ever u see an wrong resource message,just check and see how u saved the file.If ur getting an error from a dxt1 then just save it as a dxt5 and vise versa

This will get u basically started.The green screens are a lil more complex.I cant create the green screens but i can alter them so that stitching isnt bleeding thru newly created logos etc.Just let me know when u are ready for those

creating new unis is fun and also rewarding when u play the game and u can see the work uve done personally

hey zee, i actually did the red uniform already, i can email it to ya if you like? i can give you away pants to go with it as well if you like. heres a screen shot.

I really like that red uniform. I wish the Pirates wouldn't have went away from it ! Can you email it to me ?

Archived