Total Classics Phase 10

redeck

Hi All

To Start, Im a noob here and with modding MVP 05, but i want to thank all the modders and especially this site for hosting all these great mods.

Im enjoying TC phase 10, but have a question i hope someone can help with. Is it possible some way to reallign the teams in this mod so that i can pick out my Favorite 4 teams and put them into one organization and play complete seasons in Dynasty mode with all four? I tried poking around it with MVPEDIT but am not fluent with its use to figure out if thats a way to do this. Im sure someone can walk me through it here though as you guys are pretty knowledgable bunch.

thanks for any help i get

GO TIGERS

Dave

Hi All

To Start, Im a noob here and with modding MVP 05, but i want to thank all the modders and especially this site for hosting all these great mods.

Im enjoying TC phase 10, but have a question i hope someone can help with. Is it possible some way to reallign the teams in this mod so that i can pick out my Favorite 4 teams and put them into one organization and play complete seasons in Dynasty mode with all four? I tried poking around it with MVPEDIT but am not fluent with its use to figure out if thats a way to do this. Im sure someone can walk me through it here though as you guys are pretty knowledgable bunch.

thanks for any help i get

GO TIGERS

Dave

It's possible, but it's not for the feint of heart, as there are a number of things that you would need to do:

1. Rosters

To move teams to different slots, you will need to export the teams you want to move using MVPEdit and then re-import them to the desired slot (i.e. overwriting the team you want to replace). You would need to edit the team.dat and tstat.dat files with a text editor to make sure that the team you moved shows up in MVPEdit (not the game) with the proper name.

2. Uniforms

You'll need to extract the team uniforms from the models.big file using EAGraph, BigGUI or gfxpak. After extracting them, you will need to reinstall them to the team's proper uniform slot. You will need to rename the files to make sure that they get installed to the proper slot. You can use Fuzz' MVPStudio, EAGraph, gfxpak or any of Kraw's tools (I still use his old Installer Thingy) to install the uniforms.

You will also need to modify the uniform select screens in the uniforms.big file. Again, you will need to extract the files to move, rename them and then reinstall them.

3. In-Game text

Using LOCLook, you will need to modify the in-game text in the IGENG.LOC and FEENG.LOC files so that the team name is displayed properly in the game.

4. Logos

You will need to extract and reinstall the teams logos using EAGraph and nfshtool so that they show up properly.

5. Team audio

You will want the team name audio to be correct, so you will need to modify the data \ audio \ cd \ pbp_spch \ tnamedat.big and data \ audio \ pbp_spch \ tnamedat.big files. This will involve extracting the team's current audio files, renaming them, editing the team's .hdr file with a hex editor and then reinstalling all of the files.

So as you can see, it is possible to do this, but it does take some time and as well as trial and error, because you won't do everything correct the first time (I speak from experience!).

Thanks for the Info Jim825, was hoping youd see my post. It does sound a bit daunting to this noob, all the steps youve listed for this task. Im going to copy your instructions to a note folder for later reference. Im having too much fun playing 84 tigers and 82 brewers to stop at this time.

thanks again

dave

Thanks for the Info Jim825, was hoping youd see my post. It does sound a bit daunting to this noob, all the steps youve listed for this task. Im going to copy your instructions to a note folder for later reference. Im having too much fun playing 84 tigers and 82 brewers to stop at this time.

thanks again

dave

None of it is really hard work. It's just tedious and time consuming and it takes a little practice and patience. This just shows why it takes so long to create the single season conversion mods.

If you have any other questions, feel free to ask.

I think I will give it a try sometime when i get some DAD time, with 3 little girls running around, well new tricks can be hard to learn. LOL

thanks again.

dave

Been there, done that. Right now, my 3 "little" girls are a sophomore, junior and senior in high school! :o

ah we took off one year so we are runnin the 3 girls in 4 year split. oldest is seven, i coached her t-ball team the last 2 years and now shes slidding on to coach pitch while the 5 year old thinks she wants to play tball this year. (dont know why, she is gonna hate it, shes a girly girl) then the 4 year old is crying to play too so im coach for anouther 3 years. lotsa fun. :clapping: :facepalm:

I can relate to the coaching. I coached my three in soccer for a few years. One year, I was coaching three different teams at the same time! I stopped coaching when I realized that I didn't know enough to keep improving their skills. Only my oldest stuck with soccer over the years, eventually playing on the varsity team through high school and she's getting ready to play college soccer this fall.

My other two have tried other sports throughout the years. My middle daughter now plays varsity volleyball and my youngest has turned into quite a distance runner, running on the varsity cross country, indoor and outdoor track teams. Although it has been crazy at times trying to see all of their events, it has been nice having them each have their own sport.

wow, I hadn't thought that far ahead to what it will be like when they all three start having different interests and things for me to support them in. yikes So, Im gonna stick with coachin baseball cause as you said, dont have the knowledge of some other things to help their skills along. hey mom played alot of soccer she was even in a rec league just a few years ago, and her sis is still playin hockey.....hmmm

We can tell already that our middle girl is going to be very different from the other 2, and she probably wont like sports at all, but who knows. she may end up in school plays and such. that would be fun too.

My oldest is scheduling herself to be a "baby doctor ballerina earth scientist" and "baseball is fun too"

hey Jim i have another TC10 Question for you.

I am running a dynasty for the 82Brewers

(yea tiger fan here but my oldest memory of the world series is 82 and Harveys wall bangers always a FAV)

so i think its 64 Cards as the parent team and 82 Brewers are one of their minors teams. Playing as the Brewers i have come through the schedule now where im to play 55 Dodgers. i notice in the lineup stages of setting up the game that almost to a man the 55 dodgers are made up of 98 Padres players. 98 Padres and 55 Dodgers being in the same "franchise" I assume that the Computor has shuffled its franchise around to suit the parent teams needs.

my question, is there some setting i havent found that prevents this? Did I do something wrong here? I was lookin forward to playin the 55 Brooklyn Dodgers with ( i think) Hodges and the Duke.

or was it at somepoint when i told the PC to optimize rosters to fix some oddball injury i didnt want to fix myself, did it then Optimize rosters for the whole league? I had noticed some strange players in other occurances in TC that ive tried as well.

Thanks for anything you can tell me.

dave

In my opinion, the world needs more "baby doctor ballerina earth scientists." :D

And don't pre-judge your middle daughter just yet. I remember that after playing her first season of soccer at the age of 5, my youngest daughter told my wife and I that she did not want to play anymore because "she didn't like to sweat." :D Over the years, she ended up trying a number of different sports and this past fall found out that she has a real talent as a distance runner. In the Massachusetts High School Cross Country Championship last fall, she was the top finisher for her high school and she has won a number of her 2-mile races running Indoor Track over the winter and now Spring Track.

Getting back to your TC10 question: In order to keep your rosters intact when playing in dynasty mode, you should make sure that you have injuries, suspensions and CPU initiated trades turned off. If you do not do this, the CPU will most likely move players around in your rosters as the season goes on.

I wont discourage any of the girls from trying new things (until they start liking boys :facepalm: ) I just went to the coaches meeting for T-ball today in fact. :shok: not as organized as last year, with a new community leader for rec. hope they just leave tball alone. basically the coaches should run that league anyway.

all 3 of my girls today got to watch a nurse draw my blood today for some tests, and talk about fascinated....maybe i got 3 nurses in the making LOL. could be worse.

Sounds like youve got a good group of girls over there, and that comes from decent parenting.

thanks for the listing of options, i do have the injuries and suspensions turned on, not trades though, so those 2 are my culprits. guess i will start that dynasty over sometime. maybe after i figure out how to switch teams around first so i can play 82 brewers, 84 tigers, 27 yanks, and 34 crawfords all as same franchise. or maybe 90 athletics, 76 Tigers, 80 Expos, and 19 White Sox. or maybe............you know, i would like to play full franchises with about a quarter of the teams you included in phase ten. Id also like to plug in the 1894 Orioles team i picked up somewhere and add that in also. LOL. Im a baseball history buff type, enjoy learning about 19th century ball and such.would love to play as the 1871 Boston club too.

thanks for the help Jim

Dave

Archived