Interesting--Editing Pitch Assortment

tks

I decided to try and hit against a pitcher that threw a Knuckle Ball and a Euphus pitch. So I changed the assortment of pitcher Livan Hernandez (Nationals), while I was the User hitter.

I changed Hernandez last two pitches in his assortment to Kuckle Ball and Euphus with a total tendency of 20 (10 each) which means they wouldn't be thrown that often....As batter I did not swing at any pitch to better determine his assortment.

After playing 6 innings I did not see a Knuckle Ball or Euphus pitch....So I went into the game editor and changed the assortment to 3 pitches....Knuckle Ball with a 40 tendency...Euphus with a 40 tendency...Fastball with a 20 tendency, meaning the Fastball should only be thrown 20% of the time....However, after 70 pitches a Fastball was thrown in every instance.

I went back and verified the in-game editor and it showed the 40-40-20 tendency...I then checked this with Ty's editor and it verified the in-game editor.

I then decided to completely eliminate a third pitch in Hernandez assortmnent and listed the Knuckle Ball as 51% and the Euphus as 49% and no other pitch in his assortment.

The result???.....After 100 pitches, Hernandez threw 2 Knuckle Balls...2 Euphus....and 96 Fastballs, even though there is no Fastball in the assortment.

Unless I am doing something wrong, it appears as though the CPU has a mind of its own and basically ignores manual edits when playing as the AI.

Interested in knowing if anyone else experienced this situation?

Hmm, interesting test. I find it very interesting that despite giving Hernandez the ability to only throw a knuckler or ehphus, he still somehow throws a fastball...do you have a fastball option when you pitch with him? AI can do whatever it wants I guess, haah.

Hmm, interesting test. I find it very interesting that despite giving Hernandez the ability to only throw a knuckler or ehphus, he still somehow throws a fastball...do you have a fastball option when you pitch with him? AI can do whatever it wants I guess, haah.

packersfan...

In the final assortment I gave Hernandez, I only listed two pitches...Knuckle Ball with a 51% tendency and the Euphus with a 49% tendency.

The final three pitching slots were left completely blank. Therefore,as the hitter I should only see these two type of pitches. However, after 100 pitches I only saw two Knuckle Balls and two Euphus pitches. The remaining 96 pitches were all Fastballs, even though Fastball was not a pitch he should throw if the Editor worked properly. It made no difference if I used the in-game editor or if I used Ty Wiggins editor. Hernandez continued to throw Fastballs, even though it wasn't part of his assortment.

hm. starters in player mode have 3 pitches at default... maybe that's the minimum, and ai compensates? try giving him the third pitch, knuckle-curve or something and see if that works...

For the record...I have the PC version

Did as suggested and added a third pitch, the Palmball.

Euphus=40 tendency

Knuckle Ball= 30 tendency

Palmball= 30 tendency

Picher was Brian Matusz, Baltimore Orioles (none of the 3 pitches were in his original assortment)

RESULTS?...After 80 pitches (no swings)

Palmball = 73 pitches

Knuckle Ball = 0 pitches

Euphus = 0 pitches

Fastball = 7 pitches--although not in the assortment

I then went back and included a 4th pitch, the Forkball (also not in the original assortment)

Palmball= 25 tendency

Knuckleball= 25 tendency

Euphus= 30 tendency

Forkball= 20 tendency

RESULTS?...After 80 pitches (no swings)

Palmball = 67 pitches

Knuckleball = 0 pitches

Euphus = 0 pitches

Forkball = 0 pitches

Fastball = 13 pitches (although not in the assortment)

Don't know what meaningful conclusion can be made, other than the AI does not accurately recognize changes to the Editor (either in-game or Ty's).

The CPU did allow a Palmball to be thrown (almost 100% of the time) but did not recognize either the Palmball or Knuckleball...and still allowed the Fastball to be part of the assortment.

What do I think?....I'm a mature adult..... but I'm not smarter than a 5th grader! :yahoo:

Archived