Player Happiness

I am in a dynasty and I noticed something. I have my starting 2nd baseman sit out every fifth game and he is complaining about a lack of playing time!

Why is this? Does he really have to play every single game?

Also, how do I appease relievers? How do I convince them that they don't pitch every game?

I am in a dynasty and I noticed something. I have my starting 2nd baseman sit out every fifth game and he is complaining about a lack of playing time!

Why is this? Does he really have to play every single game?

Also, how do I appease relievers? How do I convince them that they don't pitch every game?

for both questions... sometimes this works:

change their starting/relieving role in their contracts..you'll see there in that screen, they have an assigned duty.. if you have your starting 2nd baseman as "MLB indispensable" and you sit him out (even for one game) and replace him with a sub, it's understanble he's gonna be a little pissed.

For relievers try that trick also..sometimes works/sometimes not.

It's next to impossible to keep releif pitchers happy... they are always wanting more playing time, and sometimes ask for contracts that are more than the starters are making... I'm using an AL team, so my solution is that I only carry about 5 releif pitchers, that way they get more playing time, and also there aren't as many releivers "disrupting the team attitude in the locker room"

in my dynasty, i've reduced to 4 relievers, thinkin about goin to 3. I'm tired of hearing them complain and getting those stupid emails. I only need three anyway, no use for a long reliever, and hardly need a setup or closer, but i like thsoe two guys so they are staying.

I have the default rosters, and I use the "Make sure they are in the correct role" route. If you have a guy who is listed as Indispensible but you will only play him once in a while, get into the contract negotiator and try and get him to sign a backup contract. Just make sure they don't try and con you out of cash. If they won't sign, **** 'em. Try again in a month or two, but don't worry about it. If he keeps bitching, drop him in AAA, or onto the trade block. If you REALLY feel the need to, give him some playing time.

Archived