Game Runs Really Slow

Reuille-ds

How do you guys have your video settings? My computer specs are below, I would like to know if there is anyway where I can get it running past crap mode?

Toshiba Satellite A305-S6872

3 GB Memory

Intel Core2 Duo CPU 2 Ghz

32 bit Windows Vista Home Premium

Everytime I run that test thing, I get around 3-6 FPS, totally unplayable conditions. I have Madden 08, NHL 07 and NBA Live 07 and they run perfectly fine with everything turned up...

To be honest, I'm not surprised. Games from '07 and '08 are no match for graphics in today's games, and the Intel GMA X4500HD graphics chip on the system will barely be able to andle anything powerful these days. There's not much you can do with it, as non-CRU components in laptops aren't easily replaced. The best you'll be able to do is optimise performance, but how much that'll help, I'm unsure. I doubt you'll get it to a stage where you're getting 30FPS, anyway, at least without installing another OS which uses less graphics.

To be honest, I'm not surprised. Games from '07 and '08 are no match for graphics in today's games, and the Intel GMA X4500HD graphics chip on the system will barely be able to andle anything powerful these days. There's not much you can do with it, as non-CRU components in laptops aren't easily replaced. The best you'll be able to do is optimise performance, but how much that'll help, I'm unsure. I doubt you'll get it to a stage where you're getting 30FPS, anyway, at least without installing another OS which uses less graphics.

That isn't what I wanted to hear : /. I'll keep tinkering with it... Thanks for the input.

Archived