Check Swing ?

adub6

I've noticed since the patch that the cpu players do, but i've tried with no success yet. I'm using the stick to bat with. Suppose to be able to pull it back for a check swing, I don't know.

Swing stick here, post patch. I've successfully checked my swing several times, but it can be hard to do sometimes. You have to pull back real quick after you've begun to push forward to swing.

Try going into Practice mode for hitting and work on it.

CPU does check its swing from time to time, you will also see this in myplayer which is nice.

For classic controls I think its the same button you swing with immediately after its pressed to swing.

I've played about 3 games aftter installing the patch and have yet to see the CPU check swing.

Does anyone know if it is possible (post patch) to check swing under the "classic" hitting mode?

Yes, it is possible... I think its done by pressing the "batting" button right before hitter completes the swing

Ive played a couple of exibitions games and have seen cpu check swings.... I managed to get a check swing strikeout... and Ive checked swings many times.. I use total control batting and I just press down RS right before hitter completes the swing... :)

Thanks that seems to work

Although it seems very unnatural. Normally check swings would be just tapping the hit button. Granted, it would sometimes lead to unintentional check swings, but this way it seems impossible to actually pull off a check swing (unless you're trying it out and decide before the pitch to check your swing). Check swings are split second decisions and I constantly end up just tapping the button, rather than to think of pressing it again to pull back.

Thanks that seems to work

Although it seems very unnatural. Normally check swings would be just tapping the hit button. Granted, it would sometimes lead to unintentional check swings, but this way it seems impossible to actually pull off a check swing (unless you're trying it out and decide before the pitch to check your swing). Check swings are split second decisions and I constantly end up just tapping the button, rather than to think of pressing it again to pull back.

That's true.I use check swing with classic batting but it's really a hit and miss situation because you really have milliseconds to decide and tap again the button.I think a combination like RT+A button would be the best way to check swing.I really can't decide if classic hitting or RS total control is better.I always use the LS to aim for the field especially when bases are full.Post patch the game is even more fun.I have completely stopped playing MVP2005 and The Show 10.I know that MLB2k10 is not the best baseball sim out there but it is by far the most addicting.

Archived