Unable To Find Franchise Created Player In Next Season

pawex

Hi. I've searched both MVP Mods' 2K10 and 2K09 forums for a possible soultion to this issue to no avail. Don't know either if this is another bug of the game nor if I'm doing or not doing something to properly save my created player in franchise mode to move on to the next season. BTW, the same happened in MLB 2K09.

I can't beleive that you are supposed to create a new player from scratch every single time a season is over. Doesn't make sense at all.

Any help would be appreciate it.

Hi. I've searched both MVP Mods' 2K10 and 2K09 forums for a possible soultion to this issue to no avail. Don't know either if this is another bug of the game nor if I'm doing or not doing something to properly save my created player in franchise mode to move on to the next season. BTW, the same happened in MLB 2K09.

I can't beleive that you are supposed to create a new player from scratch every single time a season is over. Doesn't make sense at all.

Any help would be appreciate it.

I don't understand what you mean. Created player in 2k10 is in My Player mode only, where in 2k9 he goes into free agency and you can sign him up through your franchise. I just took one of my boys from the 2010 season to 2011 with no problems at all.

Thank you both for your fast replies. Strawberry18, that's exactly what I did. I created a player, started a franchise, located and added the recently created player from the free agent list. Then went thru the whole season. Later, whenever I wanted to move on to the next season, my created player was simply gone. He's not even in the re-signing process any longer. BTW, I haven't tried the new "My Player" option as of yet. MarkB, thanks for your suggestion but Ty's roster editor is a paid app. Besides, it simply makes sense to find your created player upon starting the next season or am I doing something wrong?

Ty's roster editor has a 14 day free trial, and there's nothing to stop you using the program after the trial expires. I agree, it does make sense in a way, but with 2K...well, let's just say "makes sense" isn't their strong point at times. :)

Ty's roster editor has a 14 day free trial, and there's nothing to stop you using the program after the trial expires. I agree, it does make sense in a way, but with 2K...well, let's just say "makes sense" isn't their strong point at times. :)

MarkB, I didn't know Ty's roster came with a trial period. Will give it a go to see if it works for me. You're absolutely right: When it comes to dealing with 2k stuff, just expect the worst! :facepalm:

BTW MarkB, Have you encountered the same issues I have when moving your created player on to the next season? Why am I the only dumb axx here complaining about this? There must be something really simple I'm doing (or not doing) that doesn't let me go on to the next season with my created player in franchise mode. I thouhgt this 2K09 nightmare was over when 2K10 came but I was so wrong... :angry:

Regards!

Thank you both for your fast replies. Strawberry18, that's exactly what I did. I created a player, started a franchise, located and added the recently created player from the free agent list. Then went thru the whole season. Later, whenever I wanted to move on to the next season, my created player was simply gone. He's not even in the re-signing process any longer. BTW, I haven't tried the new "My Player" option as of yet. MarkB, thanks for your suggestion but Ty's roster editor is a paid app. Besides, it simply makes sense to find your created player upon starting the next season or am I doing something wrong?

The only thing I can think of is checking your CPU trade options. If you had CPU trades 'on' then there is a good chance your created player was traded. I am pretty sure 2k9 does not have the player finder option 2k10 has. You are going to have to look manually.

Archived