Portrait And Player Questions

Micropterus58

I've tried to update portraits using DonSpa's roster. I downloaded the blank portrait.iff/cdf files from mlbmods. I then downloaded the Boston Red Sox portraits and used the Total Installer Thingy to install them. This seemed to work. I then downloaded the Boston portraits by jhtapp76. I figured I'd add the minor leaguers. I made the DDS files and installed the new portraits using the Installer Thingy. I named the DDS files according to the portrait ID number using Ty Wiggins editor. My problem is that now some players have mixed skin colors for heads and bodies. Should the portrait ID and face ID match? Is there a way I can edit players other than created players? I'm not able to change the Appearance or Head & Face using the in-game editor. I'd like to be able to add portraits for players without them. Is there a better method to do this?

on tys roster editor open up the ros file then go to the player or players who's skin doesnt match.On the right side of tys editor u will see skin tones.If the players face is black and the arms are white then change the skin tone number higher say around 9-10 and vice versa,if hes white faced and black arms then lower the number to say 0-1.I do believe that most of the oriental skins tones are around the 3-4 range and most latino are around the 6-7 skin tone

there are a few that ive worked on of players that were pointed out to me that had wrong skin tones etc that will be included in an update after the trade deadline is over

DonSPa, I know about the SKIN tones using Ty's editor. If I change this I can match the head to the arms but the problem is that the head is wrong. I looked at their photos online and I watched the Red Sox game on NESN last night. Daniel Nava has a dark skinned head in the game and Felix Doubront has a white head. They should be opposite. Nava's skin s/b = 2-3 and Doubront s/b 5-6. I'm not going to quibble over the exact color. I looked at the player_head_xxxx.iff for each player(these are cyberfaces). Nava = 9243. Doubront = 9220. Both are correct using the cyberface editor. Neither of these players were in the original 2KSports rosters nor were they in any roster released in May since most minor leaguers did not have real names. Looking at the date these files were created leads me to believe that 2KSports created them.

Created players, such as Josh Schmidt ID 7454, do not have a corresponding cyberface file. Created players can have their appearances modified in-game but any player made by 2KSports doesn't. So you can't add a beard to Dustin Pedroia unless you edit his cyberface. In NBA 2K10 you can create new players and use a similar in-game editor to create a face. This is done for rookies or NBDL callups who were not originally in the game. A cyberface can be created and added by adding an IFF file and a little editing using the REditor by Vl@d. There is a flag in the roster file for whether the player has a cyberface. Turning this flag on/off allows you to use the Appearance screen in the in-game editor. Maybe Ty Wiggins knows more about this. I also don't know where or how 2KSports saves the faces for a created player. I'll do some experimenting. Please check these players yourself(Boston and Pawtucket). I've tried the original portrait files and they do not make a difference. There are other players with similar issues, Daigle, Ramirez and Trinidad on Round Rock.

post-201-127853164365_thumb.png

post-201-12785316545_thumb.png

Archived