Sony Warns Of Ps3 3D Sickness

Maestro23

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/110/1105757p1.html

Sony has updated its Terms of Service for the PlayStation 3, taking into account its new 3D capabilities and providing some stark warnings for those who want to indulge in the experience.

"Some people may experience discomfort (such as eye strain, eye fatigue or nausea) while watching 3D video images or playing stereoscopic 3D games on 3D televisions," read Sony Online's amended terms, spotted by Joystiq.

"SCEA recommends that all viewers take regular breaks while watching 3D video or playing stereoscopic 3D games. The length and frequency of necessary breaks may vary from person to person. Please take breaks that are long enough to allow any feelings of discomfort to subside. If symptoms persist, consult a doctor."

There's also a warning that children under six should perhaps steer clear of 3D on the PlayStation 3. "SCEA recommends that you consult your doctor (such as a pediatrician or eye doctor) before allowing young children to watch 3D video images or play stereoscopic 3D games. Adults should supervise young children to ensure they follow the recommendations listed above."

We've managed to play both Killzone 3 and Motorstorm: Apocalypse in 3D without soiling the carpet, though we do have notoriously strong stomachs – we once ate a whole Double Down burger without painting the restaurant pink and yellow.

I remember when I played my first games console all the way back in the day, and reading the manuals for the games and the console always had that same stark warning about taking regular 15 minute breaks for every hour of play to prevent headaches, epilepsy, and all manner of ill health.

In reality, no-one bothered, and, yet, we're all still here.

Let's face it, who the hell takes a 15 minute break every hour when you're too damn busy shooting up aliens, or trying to advance to the next round in your sports simulation? We had a hard enough time breaking for something to eat!

Archived