Nba/Mlb2K10 Mod Tool Problem

Tony Williams

Ok this is a very excellent tool, I have been using it for months now and i really like it. But as of lately, everytime i try to open the program i get this error

http://www.mvpmods.com/index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_rel_module=post&attach_id=1649

I searched google for help and i cant find any help. I reinstalled Java numerous times and I scanned my PC for viruses. I hope any of you guys can help me.

Thx in advanced, any post is much appreciated :sorry:

post-84604-128069535026_thumb.png

Interesting...you've probably already tried it, but try deleting the folder NBA 2K10 Mod Tool is in completely, then re-download it and try running it again.

Has anything changed on your system between the time it worked and when it stopped working?

thx for the reply, and yes the only thing that has changed on my pc since it stopped working was my registry info, i previously had a spyware/malware infection on my pc which attacked my registry files. I removed it with an anti spyware program, after this was when i realized that the program stopped working

I take it you have tried the delete and re-download thing then?

From the small sample of results I saw on Google (there are "About 761,000 results"), it can be due to an out-of date version of Java being installed, so try this.

Make sure you have admin access on your Windows install.

Delete the Nba2k10ModTool.jar file, it's containing folder, and any containing parent folders of it.

Uninstall Java using the appropriate Control Panel applet.

Restart your PC.

Check in the appropriate Control Panel applet that there are no other Java installations of leftover installations.

Check the Program Files directory and make sure there are no Java or Sun folders left over. If there are, delete them.

Download and run CCleaner and clean both Windows and Applications, then run the registry cleaner, fixing any issues it finds. When that's done, close CCleaner, open it again, and run the cleaner and registry scanner again. Continue to run both until there are no more files to be cleaned and no more registry issues to be fixed.

Download the latest Java version from http://www.java.com/en/ and install it, following any instructions in the installer.

If prompted to reboot, do it.

Download the NBA 2K10 Mod tool again, extract it, and try to run it again.

Hope for the best.

Ok thank you for the info:

First I did a system restore, for July 8th

then I no longer had the problem, but Java wouldnt open.

So then I followed your steps.

I did everything, then installed Java, now i got the same problem again.

I think is this version of Java that is giving me problems, because it updated a few days ago

Hmm. You could try uninstalling and running CCleaner again, then grabbing the Java Platform 5.0 Update 15 from http://www.oldversion.com/Java-Platform.html to see if it runs with that (which is a much older version of Java), but after that, I'm out of ideas, short of an OS reinstall. I generally don't trust systems which have recovered from malware attacks anyway, but I know how much of a pain reinstalling the OS can be, especially for something so small.

Hmm. You could try uninstalling and running CCleaner again, then grabbing the Java Platform 5.0 Update 15 from http://www.oldversion.com/Java-Platform.html to see if it runs with that (which is a much older version of Java), but after that, I'm out of ideas, short of an OS reinstall. I generally don't trust systems which have recovered from malware attacks anyway, but I know how much of a pain reinstalling the OS can be, especially for something so small.

Damn this is driving me nuts, I installed Java Runtime 5.0 and I still get the error. I really appreciate your help, but I guess I wont be able to fix this problem

• 3 weeks later...

Archived