Editing "My Player" With Hex Editor?

Rem

I read on several different forums that you can edit cmg files on a hex editor. I don't have the funds for tywiggins' roster editor, and I figure this is the only other way to do it. Any help would be appreciated.

Edit: I meant to put .cmg in the title description. It appears I can't change it.

It is possible to edit My Player .cmg files with a hex editor, in the same way it is possible to edit any file with a hex editor. Whether the game will load it or not, though, is the issue. To make a successful edit, you'd need to know which parts of the file represent which values in the game. It's a long process, and, quite honestly, if you were to try to edit a roster using hex editing, I think you'd either die or kill yourself out of frustration before the edit was complete.

That said, Ty's roster editor has a 10 day trial, and after the trial expires, it's possible to continue using the program.

Apparently after a while, it no longer edits "My Player" saves and requires immediate registration, and it still opens .ROS files normally. I'd register, but I'm seriously strapped for cash.

Apparently after a while, it no longer edits "My Player" saves and requires immediate registration, and it still opens .ROS files normally. I'd register, but I'm seriously strapped for cash.

Apparently, yes. However, like I said, it is possible.

Seek and you shall find, young Padawan!

I could always ask ty, seeing how his program is editing these values, but I don't think he'd be willing to help take 10 bucks out of his pockets. But I guess I have a lot of trial and error ahead of me. :facepalm:

Archived