Application Error

RussMc

I am a long time lurker in this group and am just writing for the first time. I need help. I almost had my fourth season finished when my main hard drive took a nosedive. Fortunately, I have a second hard drive that I save certain files on, such as my MVP 2004 files. I could not play the game, however, at least I thought, until I was to reinstall the game then put my files over to the game. Everything was going well, the game was at 100% installed, but then I get an error message stating : MVP 2004.exe - APPLICATION ERROR The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000142). Click OK to terminate the application.

I am running from an Athlon 1800 processor and 256 mb of memory so I know it is not within my system.

Can anyone, please, help? I want to finish this season and start over with the new MVP 2005 when it comes out in March. Thanks...Russ

I would totally uninstall the game and all the files, remove the directories left behind, move your save games folder to another folder, then reinstall the game, place your save games back in My Documents and try to start the game. Don't copy any modified files. Just make sure it can run with the basics.

If it can run, then reinstall all your mods 1 by 1.

If it can't run, I have no idea.

Archived